Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 166 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 164 165 166 167 168 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 8:53 PM | Locked

CC, very pretty

Mary, no leg shaving in the winter lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 10:24 PM | Locked

Last day at school today. Now on to cleaning and packing as I leave Sunday to go spend Christmas with our sons. DH decided at the last minute not to come as he is retire ring from teaching at the end of ajanuary and wants to go spend time with them later. I need to go. My heart and my bones tell me to go, so Sunday I will fly there. This was a very difficult decision to make as I didn't want to leave him here alone. In the end after praying I decided to go.

CC your glass creation is very pretty. I love the blend of metal and glass.

Mary, I'm happy to hear from you. There seems to be a hint of a smile and sunshine in your words. I'm happy to read them.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:15 AM | Locked

Mary, So very glad to hear from you. Do we get to see a pic of you and your new doo ? Hope you enjoyed your ME day at the salon yesterday. Hugs,  Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,608
Points 27,060
Debbie replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 8:15 AM | Locked

Michelle, the boots quilt is so adorable!  lot of work went into it, I can see.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,608
Points 27,060
Debbie replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 8:25 AM | Locked

I'm up early for Saturday, got to get the house cleaned and DH has to help since I still have limits - no vacumming for one.  Waiting on dr to call me with my rush MRI results from last night.  Been having bowel movements issues and after the back surgery I had, worried there's something not right, like a pinched nerve.

we also had freezing rain last night, and may have snow later today.  still need to get out and buy food for Christmas meal.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 8:49 AM | Locked

Debbie, looks like you might be getting some more bad weather today? Where are you located? Here in south Texas we're in the mid 60's today, cloudy but not bad all day. Had the windows open yesterday while working in the house all day. The boot quilt is coming along. Had some tension issues on my Long arm yesterday. Finally went back to my Aurifull thread and the problem went away. My Handiquilter just really likes Aurifull. I already had a slightly different color variegated thread but had to change it. Still looks good so far. Doing loops and stars as my pattern. Leaving the boots themselves not quilted as I want the embroidery to show up. Will post some more pics today. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,608
Points 27,060
Debbie replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

Michelle - I'm due north in OKC.  Yes cold and it rained last nite.  Maybe snow tonight.

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

Angele I have you have a wonderful visit with you son.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 8:45 AM | Locked

When I took my Handiquilter classes I was told that the machine would use any thread and we did actually set the tension for silk, metallics , cottons, polyesters and had it working just fine. At home with my machine, not so much. I do need to use it much more than I am. That would help. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 8:57 AM | Locked

Michelle - I'm like CC, I seem to hear the "Boot Scooting Boogie" when I look at your darling quilt!  Love it - better not let my daughter (lives in SA) see it - she would love it too!  Can't wait to see how it looks all quilted.  Glad to get on here this AM - couldn't yesterday.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 506
Points 10,245
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 9:14 AM | Locked

Yesterday was my birthday and this is what I got..........................

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 9:37 AM | Locked

Congratulations. tnmtgrl.  Is it a Chihuahua or a min-pin?   Looks like it could be either.  Sweet puppy.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 10:37 AM | Locked

Happy Birthday tnmtgrl

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 11:24 AM | Locked

Happy Birthday tnmtgrl, wonderful little present. Will he/she stay kind of little?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 11:44 AM | Locked

Well, this is not a nice day in my neck of the woods.  I wanted to go to church this morning and planned on taking my GGD, but the ice has taken down the neighbors trash trees, at least part of them and part of them are laying on the wires to my house and resting on my carport.  They have stretched to wires quite tight and partially pulled them at the house connection.  Had to call the electric company- and I was on hold for 45 minutes before I got to talk to someone.  Then wouldn't you know, I looked out the front window after we were done and saw that there were lines down between my house and the neighbors house.  Oh well, it is the street light wire that is down and I know they won't get here any sooner if I called them back. 

I called my son to se if he could help but he has 2 trees that are down and also the wires and branches are down at the nursing home across the street.  He has a tree service that he runs on the side and he is busy taking care of home base first, which is okay because he isn't licensed to deal with wires on lines.   Guess I'll try to go make the rolls that CC gave me the recipe for.  And hope that the power stays on.      Ginny

Page 166 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 164 165 166 167 168 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use