Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 16 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:35 PM | Locked

oops I should have read all the way first, I see Nana said the same thing.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 10:43 PM | Locked

Dawn, just look at those sweet faces, lovely picture.  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,610
Wendy replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:09 AM | Locked

What a day!!!  DS#1  had to move back home. Long story short, Room mate skipped out on their lease leaving DS holding the bag.  I have spent the entire day cleaning that apartment. Yes, DS helped. It was part of the arrangement that was made with the land lord. That is the cleanest apartment in Ogden!! I used to clean vacant homes for Realtor's and  relocation companies that dealt in executive properties.  So that little apartment got the VIP  treatment plan for free.  He is now living in our 26' trailer that sits in our driveway. Guess I'm done camping for the summer.  We couldn't move him into the house yet, because we are still remodeling.  I did get the painting and the last of the base board up in our bedroom. After I rest for a day, DS#1 and I will move the furniture back into the bedroom.. (it has been living in the unfinished sewing room).  Then I will have him help me move all the sewing stuff out of his room and put it in the unfinished sewing room. At this rate, I will be old and gray before the sewing room is finished. It always seems to end up on the back burner.  Well at least the ordeal with the apartment is over and behind us now.  Time to move on.  My summer is gone and it will be time to return back to work for the school year...... Oh yeh, Did I mention that they are remolding my kitchen at the school? It is still just a hollow shell of a place!!! The people that did the floor messed it up, and they had to sand it back down and start all over. The company fired the guy right on the spot.Then they sent the wrong product. I will be lucky if they get it done on time, and get the kitchen put back together before the first week of school.

Sooo...... You all have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!  I'm going to take a break and go quilting all day and night . I have not done that all summer, nor have I seen any of my quilting friends. They probably think I died or something.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:15 AM | Locked

Good to hear from you wendy, sounds like you're busy as usual.

dad is home and I am spending the night.  Little tinkerbell, was ecstatic to have her mom and dad back, but she's not sure why I am still here.  She keeps tippy-toeing out to see what I'm up to, then rips back to the bedroom to make sure my folks haven't snuck out.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:15 AM | Locked

My oldest grandson, he's 14, wants me to teach him to quilt, so we're going to pick out a fairly simple patter and he's going to raid my stash...and we're going to work on it.  But it won't be tomorrow as tomorrow is my youngest grandson's 1st birthday and also our 47th wedding anniversary.  I don't think they'll have their little party for him until after his brothers return from Sacramento (they're with their father), but we'll celebrate our anniversary by going to Hot August Nights in Reno to see all of the old muscle cars.  That's after I take Bailey (the new dog) to the vet for her checkup and shots and schedule a date to have her spayed...she's in heat right now so it's been exciting with the two male dogs next door.

If I don't make it on line tomorrow, everyone have a great day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:16 AM | Locked

Wendy

It is never a dull moment with you.  Have a fun sewing day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:19 AM | Locked

Wendy, life sure does bring us surprises, doesn't it?  My youngest daughter had to move in with us for about a year a while back...boy does one extra adult and two extra kids take up the room and make life exciting.  I had to give up my sewing room then...but I couldn't do it again...they'd have to stay in one bedroom because my mid-arm and frame is in the 3rd bedroom.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 6:34 AM | Locked

Diana:

Diane,   IS the fork around the needle screw?  It did that to me once and that's the first place I look.

Diana in East TN

Diana - the fork IS around the screw...this thing really has me perplexed!  Do you know if the walking foot needs to be "oiled" ????  I really want to get back to getting these 3 quilts quilted (want to be done before we move!), but with the walking foot jumping around, it's a real pain in the butt!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 6:40 AM | Locked

Nana is right...bloom color depends on the pH of the soil.  But I THINK Nana had it backwards...I used Hollytone as a fertilizer (which is acidic...and azaleas and holly trees LOVE it) and it turned my pink hydrangeas blue.  We tend to have acidic soil in this area, so MOST hydrangeas around here are blue.  If you are out of fertilizer and WANT blue hydrangeas, you can put used coffee grounds around them :)

Which reminds me....the gal that had the bumper crop of plums...did you dye and fabric with all that plum juice available???  Thought of you yesterday when I was buying plums!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 7:14 AM | Locked

Dawn:

Thanks everyone!  Yes we were really young when we got married!  (18 and 19)  :-)  We have 2 kids and they each have 3 kids.  Our son hopes to adopt in a few years, the Lord has given them a heart for kids.  Both our kids love children and work w/them at church.  Our son is a Children's pastor and our daughter leads worship for our children's church.  Yep I am a proud Momma!

You do have  a beautiful family. You are so lucky to have all the grands about the same ages. Do they all live close enough to grow up together?. Looks like it is time to introduce "Crazy Cousin Christmas". My DSIL started that when her daughter, and cousins, were little. They all spent the night at her house, made cookies went to see Christmas lights, and learned the words to Carols. Our Niece is in her thirties now, but they all still look forward to Crazy Cousin Christmas! Only now, they include their own kids.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

Didash, Someone told me that you can use rusty nail under the bush, also. But, when I told Hubs this, he went and put relatively new nails under it. I told him we need RUSTY nails. He said "they will rust in a few years". Geez :{

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 7:24 AM | Locked

Oh, I did upgrade to IE 10. Hate it. It sends me every single post made here. I have hundreds of emails. So, went in and shut off the emails, from the group Will just log in and check them ever day. Or, the ones I like to read, anyway. What ever happened "simple" on the internet?. I am finding that upgrades aren't better.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:15 AM | Locked

A lot of busy folks.   Wendy, it is good to hear from you.   If we have an retreat in Iowa in the summer time, would you be able to come?   Miss seeing you at the retreats. 

A son moving home.  Seems like a lot of that happening these days, often kids with their families.  My neighbor's son, his wife and their two kids moved in.  They got a travel trailer for the summer.  My daughter will be moving to Israel in less than 2 months.   Probably for 3 years.

Gini, glad your Dad is home. 

Sukochi, your hydrangeas are beautiful.  I remember seeing a large garden one time where they had perfected the control of color.   Alternating blue and pink bushes. 

Dawn, what a wonderful photo!  Looks like life is a happy adventure for you all.

Karla, you are sure busy. Done with the plums yet?  Looking forward to meeting you in a couple months at the Oregon retreat.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,610
Wendy replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:58 AM | Locked

Patti:
If we have an retreat in Iowa in the summer time, would you be able to come?   Miss seeing you at the retreats. 

Yes I could attend retreats in the summer. Next summer, I won't be able to because I am saving to go to Boston for seven days. It is for a conference but  DH wants to go too.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:59 AM | Locked

didash:
Which reminds me....the gal that had the bumper crop of plums...did you dye and fabric with all that plum juice available???  Thought of you yesterday when I was buying plums!

No I haven't died any fabric with the plum juice, but I still have plenty of plum juice left if I get the time to try it.  I have juiced a bunch of them, and cut up and froze a bunch of them, I've baked with them, made jelly with them and just looked at them a lot.  The only things that got died are my kitchen towels and my hands.  Hope it wears off soon.

Page 16 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use