Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 148 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 146 147 148 149 150 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,771
Points 180,548
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 11:33 AM | Locked

OOPS!  The other way around, that's my reverse setting in.  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,771
Points 180,548
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 11:36 AM | Locked

Patty Mc, you take it slow and easy, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596
Snowbird Quilter replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:37 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone.   MN Nancy thanks for the tip.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,978
Points 41,985
ls2116 replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 2:11 PM | Locked

Even though I'm a dog lover I must  be like a cat because I have survived the price oops on my machine.  Now I can just enjoy sewing on it!  My DH was out looking at cars today and he almost made an oops and I got him out of there before it happened then i told him that would've ben like paying for my mistake 6x.  He's glad I got him to take a breather and think for a moment.  Hope everyone is having a good day.  The cold air has really settled in around my area.  

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 2:14 PM | Locked

Haven't done any sewing yet today, but I did make four (4) batches of Chex Mix and two (2) cheese balls for the holidays.  Now, I'm thinking about lunch, then a trip to WalMart, and then maybe I'll get a chance to sew a little.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,706
Points 53,635
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 3:24 PM | Locked

Boy, didn't that cold air settle in here quick and the snow flurries with it, but at least they aren't sticking yet.

Glad you could move past the oops with your machines and that you love the new one.   Kind of makes it worth it in the end.

Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,157
Points 14,960
Dawn replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 4:23 PM | Locked

Well, we are getting the house ready for 20 members of my family who will be here for Thanksgiving.  DH has been cleaning the basement all day.  I helped in the morning, but w/my allergies, I can't help that much.  My sewing room is all dried and now I need to get stuff all put back.  Made 2 fleece blankets, one for DGD1 & DGD3.  I made one for their brother and they fight over it, so, this should help w/the fighting.  We spent a week at DS's.  DH helped him get his basement ready to make into an apartment for his MIL.  Then we were home for 12 hours and headed to KC for a seminar for DH work.  My sister lives there, so she took the day off and we went shopping all morning.  It was great to spend time w/her!  I am almost done w/my SS box.  Just need a couple more things.  Need to finish the wall hangings for my bowling team too . . . the wet sewing room kinda got me side-tracked!  

Onwards!!!!!!!!!!  :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 4:28 PM | Locked

We cleaned house today, too, Dawn.  It's a shame that it will be trashed again after I get done cooking all day on Thursday!

Hey, has anyone used those Roomba robotic vacuums?  I've wondered if they work.  Might be nice to let some small round thing roam around the floors every other day or so.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,610
Points 418,129
gini replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 4:28 PM | Locked

the house is clean,  i got princess to her game and watched it,  i have got my organic shopping done so my organic daughter won't starve.  i could not find pasture milk,  i hope she likes the organic kind i got.   the organic store just isn't up on all the latest milk.   the organic shopping is put into recepticles to keep them separate from her fathers pesticide/gmo/antibiotic-laden foods. ther travelers have made it to my mom's and i can't wait to hug the baby and watch my mom with her, so i am off to the farm. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 4:29 PM | Locked

Have fun, Gini!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 6:53 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Hey, has anyone used those Roomba robotic vacuums?  I've wondered if they work.  

Nancy, my DS#3 & DDIL have one and really like it!  They have 2 chiwawa's (one a Jack Russel mix, the other a toy) and the dogs don't seem to mind it.  They just ignore it.

Read the review carefully though.  They do best on just one level with a room pattern that does not change.  Sometimes you have to block off areas with things that would be problems for them.  

Good luck!   I wish I had one but it won't work with our house very well.

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 12,845
Quiltless replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 7:32 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Hey, has anyone used those Roomba robotic vacuums?  I've wondered if they work.  Might be nice to let some small round thing roam around the floors every other day or so.

Yes.  They work -- and they are entertaining sometimes.  Get one. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 7:40 PM | Locked

Roombas eats socks.  At least thats one theory on why one one sock ever returns from the  laundry, and it's pair never returns. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 8:50 PM | Locked

It isn't the roomba... It's the sock monster in the dryer   My kids said so and I didn't have a roomba so I have to believe them.  I still have a lone sock from time to time. I found out my husband has been throwing out ONE sock of a pair if it has a hole in it and I have been hanging on to the last one waiting for the discarded sock to show up. Sheesh. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 9:54 PM | Locked

Vivian :
I have been hanging on to the last one waiting for the discarded sock to show up.

Just another one of those things that husbands don't get!

Page 148 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 146 147 148 149 150 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use