Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 99 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 307
Points 4,075
Barbara in Colorado replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:53 AM | Locked

Karla

This is so pretty and bright!  I will have to try this pattern -  I love it.  Thanks for sharing.

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,571
Points 177,963
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 10:44 AM | Locked

Karla, love your quilt!  I'm collecting R&B fabrics, I'll have to keep this in mind, thanks for the inspiration.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:35 PM | Locked

Gini, I will let you know that depending on where we live, winter ends anywhere between April and May...  So.......

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 2:55 PM | Locked

Thanks for all of the nice comments on my r/w/b split 9-patch top.  It was fun, quick and easy, just what I needed to feel like I was accomplishing something.

Today I am working on the borders for the round robin that Nana passed off to be at the Oregon Retreat.  I've got 2 sides bordered, only 2 more to go, but don't know if I'll get it done today.  Today is another TaeKwonDo day, so that really shortens the time I have to work on it.

Tomorrow is the Halloween Party and Trunk'or'Treat at the younger boys school, and I always help with that.  After their party, they are all in costume and parents, grandparents, etc. are stationed around the parking lot with their trunks open.   The kids come buy and you toss candy into their trick or treat bags. There are about 450 kids in the school (the school is K-4) so this takes quite a while, so I don't imagine I will get any sewing done tomorrow either.

Saturday, my DBIL brought me 12 of his "Harley Davidson" t-shirts and requested a t-shirt quilt, so I've added that to my stack of quilts to make and/or finish, and I still have the embroidered blocks that my cousin in North Dakota left with me when they came to visit this summer to make into a quilt.  The blocks were embroidered by her mother before she passed so they are very special.

My DH tells me I better get busy with all of these projects as November's birthdays and holidays and December's birthdays and holidays will surely cut down on the time I have to work on them.  I guess with that note, I'll get off of the computer and get busy working on them.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 10:26 PM | Locked

When does winter end up there? July?  A July retreat sounds good.

[/quote

july!!! No way!! Middle of august for three days and then snow!! ROFLMAO!!

just came in from feeding the neighbours dogs and we have a Chinook blowing in. Back to no snow in no time!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 6:12 PM | Locked

Karla, somehow I missed seeing your RW&B quilt. Great job on it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:36 AM | Locked

Thanks, Bonita.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

I am still bummed out about my lack of progress yesterday.  Met with friends to sew all day, and the only thing I did was measure wrong, make mistakes and waste fabric.  I guess that wedding quilt just needs to stay at home for me to work on.  Won't get another chance until Sunday.   Taking some time out today to celebrate, about a month late, DH's and my 18th anniversary.

He's not up yet, so I am going outside with a cup of coffee and my favorite blanky to pet the cat and watch the sunrise.  It's a nice one this morning.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 10:44 AM | Locked

Yesterday, I did a lot of "frogging" before spending time at the boys' school for Halloween parties, etc., and then trick'or'treating.  Today, I plan on putting everything back together and hope it will go together properly today.

Then, if I get lucky, I may get to work on another project, too.  I'd like to start the border(s) on my MQ9 today, if I get a chance.  I really need to get some of these UFO's finished, I'm beginning to feel stressed with so many of them setting around.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 11:52 AM | Locked

Patti:
to pet the cat and watch the sunrise.  It's a nice one this morning.

Sounds lovely!  November and December are the cloudiest months in Minnesota averaging 19 cloudy days each month.  What a dreary way for winter to roll in.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:12 PM | Locked

No quilting for me today. I'm at my daughters watching the kids while son in law takes daughter on a surprise trip tonapa valley, Ca for her 40th birthday. They just left for the airport. She doesnt know where they are going. I have a two page list of places I need to get the kids to from today thru Tuesday. When my kids were 11 and 8 the only place I had to get them to was school. Hope I don't forget and leave one of them somewhere! Should be a fun weekend.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 639
Points 9,655
MaggieNae replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:26 PM | Locked

Getting set up to quilt.  I haven't worked on anything for a while, but I have purchased from our local resale store a computer desk and a table.  The table was bigger than I though and I had to cut 10" off the legs, but now it's perfect.  The desk is for my computerized mid-arm on a frame.  It's a stand-up desk (no place to sit) with fold down wings (won't need those) on wheels.  It has a smaller footprint and is on casters so it'll fit in the room better.  It even has a surge suppressor strip built in and opens from the back as well as the front for all the cables.  I love it.  Now if I can pull everything else out of that room and clean out the closet, I can move the bins of fabric into that and out of the hall.  Then I should just about be all set for every bit of quilting I need to do in that room.  I'm so excited.  My very own, dedicated quilting room!!!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:45 PM | Locked

MaggieNae:
I'm so excited.  My very own, dedicated quilting room!

Sounds great!  Have fun!  Will we get to see a picture at some point?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 639
Points 9,655
MaggieNae replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:52 PM | Locked

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

By MNnancy in Quiltmaking

MaggieNae:

I'm so excited.  My very own, dedicated quilting room!

Sounds great!  Have fun!  Will we get to see a picture at some point?

Hopefully.  I'm still working on the best layout.  It's not a huge room, but I have a lot of stuff to fit in there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 1:01 PM | Locked

We will be waiting for pictures of your new sewing room.

gini in north idaho

Page 99 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use