Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 70 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

Agnes, beautiful hand work

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,360
Linda replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:02 PM | Locked

I've made half of the blocks needed for the 12th quilt for my retreat donation project. Oct. 26 is coming around way too fast. I'm anxious to get is done with so I can slow down a bit. But I think I've done a good job on the quilts. There is one I'd like to keep, but I can always make another one. Hope some of you in the Ohio area can come to my quilt show and the following concert by my friend Dave Anderson. Check out my blog for details.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:26 PM | Locked

Agnes:

Gini--At one time I would have envied you and all your space. I'm happy as a toad in a puddle in my limited space because with that comes limited house keeping and less space to have to look for something when put in a safe space.

Just an interim report on my current project attached. The embroidery panels are ready to go into the quilt whenever I get  the pieced segments done. I'm really pleased with how these panels look together so I am already thinking of doing the two scenes again for a wall hanging to keep.

Agnes, I have that pattern too - I love it but haven't gotten to it yet,  I love to hand embroidery and when I was so sick that I couldn't get out of bed earlier this year for what seemed an eternity, I did a lot of hand embroidery.  I love Crab Apple hill patterns - I can't wait to see yours completed.  I seem to jump from doing a lot at my machine to doing a lot of hand work.  I have to figure out how to put my snow ladies together into a quilt... Your work is exquisite!  

I did do some work today - I have made a small quilt - I joined the mini BOM at Keepsake quilting and did that one up today - I have to get the binding hand work done tomorrow and then will picture it on the table with my Jim Shore Halloween Cats - DH asked me why I had a circle of Halloween cats on the pool table and I told him starting to decorate... some of them look downright evil - hmmmm - the latest is the devil cat - pitchfork and all - love it... 

And then I got the backing done for my Christmas quilt and got it all sandwiched so hopefully I will feel up to starting the quilting on it tomorrow - I am not sure why right now I am so drained I had so much energy for that one week - but I am determined - I will somehow start it and get moving on it... 

DH gets laid off as of Saturday so he will be home to help me around the house - get the house all done and start the packing process and MN here we come... 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:46 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Donna B:
Nana, you could digitize these in your embroidery software.

Does copyright allow you to digitize a commercial pattern?

Claudia Donnell that taught the digitizing classes I have taken  (and sells these digitized designs) has called Crabapple Hill Studio and received permission to copy AND SELL her digitized renditions of their designs.  AND, to use their designs in her classes for instructional purposes!!!  

Tell me, how is it any different for you to digitize the stitches from their patterns to machine embroider them rather than to transfer the design to your cloth to hand embroider them?  Especially, if it is for your own personal use or a personal gift!  

If I were going to do it on a big scale like Claudia, yes I would contact the designer for permission.  But for my personal use, I don't think it is necessary at all.

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:35 AM | Locked

Thea--Thanks. I knew that you were doing a lot of embroidery. This fall I passed on all things that related only to cross stitch as I was finding doing it to be a hassle and turned back to stem or outline embroidery and am so happy that I made that decision. I was considering getting the Vintage Tin design but just looking at it I was thinking of changes I would like to make and came to the conclusion that in the end it would be easier to design something from scratch. So I am gathering outline images of vehicles that have meaning for either me or my son for whom I would make it. He is restoring a vintage vehicle and has it on his long term plan. Meanwhile I am working on the blocks for an Angel throw.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

Agnes - that sounds so awesome - I can't wait to see it...

I got all my decorations out for Halloween... I know there are more but at the moment the "little people" are hiding them from me... 

the new quilts and the old - 

the snowman is peaking out as he knows his turn is soon - This is the window in the middle of my front room - right across from my Mom's chair - she gets to enjoy my decorating...

This is DH's top to his pool table and my collection so far of my Jim Shore Halloween Cats.

this is the Mini quilt that I made up yesterday - I bought the stand last year from the place in Georgia that we buy the Aurifil thread at - he had a great sale - so now I have to make mini quilts to use it - this one got put together quickly - so I might start making a few more of these kind of like using them for decoration...

I almost had forgotten Patrick Lose's Halloween witch that I made last year...

So I am almost ready for Halloween... on the inside of the house - DH last day of work is Saturday so he will get the outside decorations up this weekend... We can smile even though his job is gone and I might not get paid in November  -  but I am trusting in the Lord that somehow we will survive this and there is no reason to worry about something that I have no control over - so working on quilts today - and smiling at my Halloween Cats!  Love their hats... have to locate mine!  teehee... (and I do have a wicked witchy laugh)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:42 AM | Locked

Wow, Thea, you have a really fun house for Halloween season! I absolutely love the witch's boot and spider web. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

Whoopee, I finally finished all of the HST's for MQ9, now I can start putting the blocks together and work on the next border for my RR.  I won't know what to do if I ever catch up.  

I'm really thinking about a quilt for my friend Wendy who is battling cancer for the 2nd time.  She battled breast cancer last year successfully and went on to gain her 3rd degree black belt in TaeKwonDo and become a certified life guard at our community pool.  This 50-year old grandmother is an inspiration to us all, so it was absolutely devastating when we discovered she is now battling Stage 4 liver cancer.

Anyway, I have so many projects going, but really think I need to move this one for Wendy to the front burner...

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:44 AM | Locked

Karla

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, not good news and you must be reeling.

I was up at 5am as the HST blocks on the queen quilt for my son were crying out to me. Got them all done and assembled into the 2-1/2 x 6-1/2 strips. Now I can pack this project and hopefully finish piecing it at retreat.

That's it for preparing projects. Now it's the not-so-fun stuff. Cleaning house, dunging out my closet and taking stuff to Goodwill. That's way past due and I'll feel much better leaving for a week if it's done.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:59 AM | Locked

Karla, I am so so sorry bout your friend Wendy and I agree that quilt does need to come off the back burner - you will have it done in no time... our prayers go out for Wendy!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:57 PM | Locked

Thanks Judy and Thea for the thoughts and prayers for Wendy.  She needs all she can get right now.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 3:28 PM | Locked

Thea, though I have made a few Twister quilts in my quilts in my time, I have never seem such a complicated one.  When I make Twister quilts as I cut the blocks, I put them in the place they will go on my design wall, by rows. Then sew the rows together. Oh, and I number the blocks from left to right so I can keep track of which goes where.  Seems every quilter has a different was of doing the same thing.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 3:36 PM | Locked

Thea--You are so productive. I can't imagine all that decorating. I have been seriously thinking of getting a little stand and start making mini quilts for various occasions.

Karla--I would think that the quilt for Wendy needs to come off the back burner so she can feel your hugs. I just visited a friend this week who is biding time with cancer and she kept pointing out how the quilt and topper I have given her are right at hand.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 3:43 PM | Locked

THEA, what a happy house you will have this month, love all your Halloween decorations!  Prayers that all will turn out well for you and DH.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

Karla, thoughts and prayers going up for your friend.  She's lucky to have you as a caring friend who'll support her through this.

Millbury, MA

Page 70 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use