Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 69 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

Thea -- many thanks for your directions/ suggestions on the butterfly quilt.  I need to find my twister template -- I put it in a safe place so I wouldn't lose track of it.  <sigh> Now to remember where that safe place was.  I've saved your post for future reference. 

Jenny at MSQC has a neat tutorial on making a simple wreath wallhanging using the 5" twister tool.  I'm going to do that to get my feet wet (when I find the tool). 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:53 AM | Locked

Gini, Your ideas just make me drool.  Wow, a whole floor for quilting related things.  Will there be room for a long arm quilter too?     Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:06 AM | Locked

Gini,   I'll have a long arm, eventually.   I need to get Sam involved and he is a busy boy these days.  He's leaving this weekend and won't be back until Halloween, then leaving around the 10th of nov. and won't be back until thanksgiving.  I now carry his picture so I don't forget what he looks like.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:23 AM | Locked

Good grief, Gini. I can believe that you would have to carry his picture around to remember him.  At least he comes home sometimes, but boy, it seems he is burning his candle on both ends these days.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:40 AM | Locked

gini:
He's leaving this weekend and won't be back until Halloween, then leaving around the 10th of nov. and won't be back until thanksgiving.  I now carry his picture so I don't forget what he looks like.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" if that's possible, Gini.  But just think of the reunions you'll have.  wink wink  

Let me know when Sam rents the other office space for you, I'll be there with my blow-up mattress and visit with MnNancy in the library and Nana in the LA section.  One could get lost in that space so I'll also pack my compass.  

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,259
Points 28,485
Agnes replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 12:20 PM | Locked

Gini--At one time I would have envied you and all your space. I'm happy as a toad in a puddle in my limited space because with that comes limited house keeping and less space to have to look for something when put in a safe space.

Just an interim report on my current project attached. The embroidery panels are ready to go into the quilt whenever I get  the pieced segments done. I'm really pleased with how these panels look together so I am already thinking of doing the two scenes again for a wall hanging to keep.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 12:45 PM | Locked

Beautiful, Agnes!  I can't quite see the color thread you used.  Is it black?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,259
Points 28,485
Agnes replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 1:32 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Beautiful, Agnes!  I can't quite see the color thread you used.  Is it black?

Nancy--Thank you. It is varying dark browns. I would use the same shade for sections and even from a slight distance it is hard to tell the changes as they are that subtle. As I have given up counted cross stitch altogether where I needed exact shades for birds I decided to just use stash. Of most of the floss colors I also have some reserve skeins that I held back when my son did store clearance. Even if I really get into embroidery/ pieced quilts I will probably never run out of floss.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 1:34 PM | Locked

Agnes

I love these panels and have thought of doing them myself.  But so far thinking is all I have done....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,680
Points 65,825
Bonita replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

Beautful panels Agnes.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 7:54 PM | Locked

Nana, you could digitize these in your embroidery software.

Sorry Agnes, but some of us are into machine embroidery also.

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,259
Points 28,485
Agnes replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:09 PM | Locked

Donna B:
Sorry Agnes, but some of us are into machine embroidery also.

To each his own. Machine embroidery has never appealed to me. I don't even have a computerized or digital sewing machine. If I hadn't had to give up hand quilting because of hand issues I might not have turned back to old fashioned hand embroidery in the same way. For me it is the height of relaxation and being productive at the same time. I've found another pattern but the verdict is out whether I will spend over $50 for it once I factor in shipping. I may also try my hand at sketching my own using some of my photos and some images to get just what I want.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:10 PM | Locked

Agnes, I have a kit of that quilt that is on my todo list. Love yours. Makes me want to get at it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:11 PM | Locked

Donna B:
Nana, you could digitize these in your embroidery software.

Does copyright allow you to digitize a commercial pattern?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:20 PM | Locked

Nancy

Probably not but I won't tell if you don't....LOL>    But if I do this one it will be by hand.  I enjoy doing some hand embroidery while watching TV at night.   I have 2 projects that are in the works now.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 69 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use