Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 59 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 9:17 PM | Locked

I have some left over margaritas, Melissa.  Do you want to pop over and join me,  it sounds like you could use one about now.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 9:26 PM | Locked

This is beautiful Ramona! I'm sure your granddaughter will have beautiful dreams under there. You did awesome quilting.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 9:27 PM | Locked

Melissa

Yep I have those days quite frequently.  In fact I was making a block with Y seams today.  I ripped it apart about 4 times and then finally said....OK  I give up.  It will just have to do even if it isn't exactly right.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 9:37 PM | Locked

Ginny:
I tried marinara sauce on spaghetti squash-YUK never again.  It is just too watery and blah.

Are there ways to prepare the squash that would draw the moisture out?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 9:42 PM | Locked

Bridget Carol you have been busy! I LOVE, LOVE your fish. Pincushion and your scissor case, as well as your table runners of course. Would you share your pattern for the scissor case? It would be great.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 9:57 PM | Locked

No sewing today as we had to bring in the tomatoes, beets and peppers tonight as they call for frost. So tomorrow I hope to work very hard on my rag quilt in the am and can in the pm.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 8:38 PM | Locked

I worked most of the day on a rag quilt. It's almost done! I just can't wait...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

no quilting today, but once i vacuum, both of my rooms will be read to destroy again.   i like working in clean rooms,  i just am not disciplined enough to keep them that way.  but once in a while a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.   and that is get the stem shovel out and clean away.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 10:45 PM | Locked

gini:

I have some left over margaritas, Melissa.  Do you want to pop over and join me,  it sounds like you could use one about now.

Well that sounds like a plan Gini. Although I think I'll take a white zin. heehee Maybe two. I just had a second day just like yesterday. I only got 2 blocks done. Ah well, I will try again tomorrow.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

Melissa, I have days like yours quite often!!!  I guess it comes with my getting old and foggy!!  I haven't done any quilting since mid August.  Maybe I have forgotten how!  I have washed some fabric, though, and have ironed 2 large pieces - 1 was 6 yards and the other 7 1/4 yds.  Now I am ready to at least cut the strips for MQ 9.  I will be behind, but at least started.  I am not pleased with my fabrics, but they will just have to do. 

I am so tired of riding in the truck and getting tossed around on the rough roads.  I could have done some hand sewing yesterday, but didn't have anything ready to take.  We had one round trip of 430 miles taking Jersey Cattle to a state sale - smoother roads most of the way.  We never even went home before stopping at 3 Amish farms to pick up 5 young cows for another sale nearly 50 miles in the other direction!  We got home after dark after leaving home at 5:30 in the morning!  The weather was everything from warm and sunny in the morning to cold and rainy later in the day.  We got so wet that it took a long time to warm up when we finally got home.  I had planned to get to some sewing today, but just managed to iron the fabrics and rest.  Tomorrow I will hopefully get a day off to "play" with fabrics - - - unless things happen as they did Friday.  I was to get that day off, but Rich needed me to do paperwork in the truck.  His Amish riders decided to stay home and take advantage of the good weather and cut corn for the silos so I didn't have the excuse that there wasn't room for me!

Love everyone's projects.  Won't single anyone out here, because I might forget someone!  Hope I can have something to contribute soon.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 4:28 PM | Locked

gini:
but once in a while a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.   and that is get the stem shovel out and clean away.

And did the missing ruler turn up?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,607
Points 27,055
Debbie replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 5:45 PM | Locked

got all 84 F1/F2 HSTs done.  and 24 of the BG/F2 done so will sew more later, back is hurting so taking a rest.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 8:45 PM | Locked

I have been working on a quilt for DGS#1 he is 5 and all boy, he loves his cowboy boots. I tried my best to make a boot block. this is what I came up with.

I'll going back to the drawing pad, I need two more blocks.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 8:48 PM | Locked

Weezee

It looks like your best is pretty darn amazing.   That sure is a good looking boot.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 8:51 PM | Locked

Great boot!  So you are going to make all three boots in different designs?

Page 59 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use