Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 35 of 215 (3215 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,214 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 7:31 AM

Love your MQ6 Karla   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 7:51 AM

Bev – that will be adorable but antlers would be good! I too on a quick look thought dogs!

Karla – I love your MQ6 and color choices. Our guild used a similar pattern for our raffle quilt this year!!

Elaine – That is a neat quilt – great job. Where are you taking the class – Locally or on line?

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 9:05 AM

Here are two of my 12 inch Blue and White sparklie blocks. The background is white on white with tiny stars and most of the rest of the fabric except for the dark blue has sliver glitter in it. Need to make more blocks today!

Betty 

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 9:36 AM

That is going to make a beautiful quilt, Betty.  I love blue and white quilts, but I can never keep one as my oldest daughter loves them too.     Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:30 AM

I have all the blocks made for my blue jeans stained glass quilt and am ready to set the blocks together.  Last night I got the inspiration to make stars at some of the intersections of the sashing, which will be the same as the sashing inside the blocks.  Now I'm having second thoughts.  I would like to put lots of stars on the quilt but am afraid one at each intersection would emphasize the grid.  Then I decided that if I did some frogging and put one inside various blocks it would break up the grid pattern of the stars.  I have only 6 blocks that would make a complete star, where 4 strips come together.  I deliberately tried not to have this happen so that the quilt would be less grid like.  What do you think of a few incomplete stars (2 points missing) in some of the blocks?  The sashing is 1" finished. Perhaps photo will help you  visualize. Blocks not yet set together.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:35 AM

Betty, that is going to be a beautiful quilt...I have room in my house if you need a place to put it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:38 AM

Betty

Your star blocks are gorgeous.  Going to be a beautiful quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:52 AM

Thanks ladies - lol - sorry Karla - it is going to VA to one of my very best friends. She loves quilts and goes to PA and purchases them all the time. Her DH made her a beautiful cherry quilt hanger fro the entry to showcase her wall hangings that she has accumulated. She was looking fro something Wintry but not just Christmas so she could keep it hanging through the winter,  She helped pic out the fabric but has no idea what I am doing with it. I have got to get this done and quilted before I see her in early Nov!!

Betty 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:01 AM

Flojo - Cute quilt! What will you use as batting?

Just thinking ..... are you planning a sash border as well? If you are, then maybe 2 or 3 stars in the inside and a few "random placed" stars in a sashing border might keep your eyes off the grid.  You don't need a star at every intersection.

Betty 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:12 AM

Yes, I'm planning a sash border and  you are right about adding some there.  I may place a few incomplete stars (where 3 sash strips come together inside some of the blocks to draw attention to detail in  block, such as pockets or embroidery.  I may wind up playing "darts" to select where to put the stars, or let the cat walk across the quilt and follow his path!   I plan to use a very thin cotton batting and perhaps a printed  pink sheet as backing.  This will be her camping/picnic quilt  and will need to stand up to a lot of abuse.  I know the quilt police will throw a fit about the sheet, but for it's purpose that seems proper to me and I've used sheets in the past to good effect.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:12 AM

eparys:

Here are two of my 12 inch Blue and White sparklie blocks. The background is white on white with tiny stars and most of the rest of the fabric except for the dark blue has sliver glitter in it. Need to make more blocks today!

I love the fabric and your star block!  That is going to be a beautiful quilt. What is the name of your star block and can I find it online?

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 11,330
weezee56 replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:32 AM

Bev, you have a great start on your Christmas quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:50 AM

Oh boy.   Betty is sending the quilt to VA.  It must be coming to me......yeah!!!!

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 12:06 PM

Bev :
.....  I love the fabric and your star block!  That is going to be a beautiful quilt. What is the name of your star block and can I find it online?

Name?  lol - I did this is EQ - the basic block was "Variable Star" and I just kept editing it. But I can share!! This is what I am planning for the wall hanging

I can make any of the blocks any size and pdf the cutting directions or foundation piecing. If you would like either, PM me . Not  sure that I can send you an attachment through the PM system here but I could email you a copy.

Betty 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 12:29 PM

That is going to be a beautiful wall hanging! Thanks for the offer and I sent you a PM.

from TN

Page 35 of 215 (3215 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use