Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 224 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 222 223 224 225 226 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,765
Points 67,060
Bonita replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:18 PM | Locked

Carol, cute, cute baby quilt. Love the quilting.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 10:03 PM | Locked

Carol you bear quilt is lovely.  You do such a nice job.  That will be a lucky baby.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 10:10 PM | Locked

Donna that Bargello quilt is beautiful.  Oh my goodness how many years did it take you to make it?  I'm sure your daughter just loves it.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 10:18 PM | Locked

Goodness Thea that is gorgeous you did it in a year, wow.  I love quilting but it takes me forever.  

Joyce 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 10:20 PM | Locked

Susie that is really a nice quilt.  I bet your son does love it.  I would.  I like the colors.

Joyce

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 11:27 PM | Locked

I ordered fabric today from fabric.com.  Can't wait for it to get here.  Hope this posts none of my other responses tonight have.  Website is quirky tonight for sure.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,002
Thea replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:19 AM | Locked

Joyce - thank you - yes was a year BOM from Keepsake!  I am sure I would have done it otherwise but doing it one block a month was better - I did fall behind last year during the months when I couldn't do any sewing but during those months I did fuse the block pieces but didn't do the satin stitching - I did about 8 of those this January when I started feeling better to get caught up on all my BOMs... well I only had 2 but seemed like more...

Mamaghouse - I have ordered from fabric.com before and it usually gets to me within about 3 days.  Very nice  - you don't have to wait forever and that is nice.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 711
Points 13,885
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:22 AM | Locked

mamagshouse:

SpringerMom that is so funny cause I have two German Shepherds that shed so badly I wish I could spin it into yarn.  I try my best to keep them out of my sewing room but their hair gets everywhere.  I sweep it up daily and there is still so much everyday.  Oh well I love them anyway.  Ty is the bigger one in the back & Sadie is the darker one laying with her head down.  She was a rescue who've we've had now for almost two months she is so very attached to me which has helped with depression.  So has this QCA group. I sent you a friend request. 

Mamag-- beautiful shepherds!  I'm looking at the photos in the background. Is that a quilt that you made? Can we see it?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,205
Donna replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:24 AM | Locked

Since I work 30 hours a week as a cook and server,  I am usually very tired so I only work on quilts on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesday,  With that schedule it took me about 6 weeks to do the bargello. 

I have only been quilting for 3 years but my very first quilt I ever made was a bargello,  the one that looks like a tear drop.  I titled it "A Clowns Tear".

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 711
Points 13,885
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:35 AM | Locked

Thank you all for the compliments on the bear quilt!  And Barbara, yes, it was one that had me smiling throughout the cutting, sewing, and quilting. I can't wait to see those precious babies when they arrive! Mom will certainly have her hands full. She has a three-year old little boy, too, with some developmental issues. He doesn't talk at all and has a lot of behavior problems. But she has lots of family near where she lives to help.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,002
Thea replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:44 AM | Locked

Carol from Pittsburgh:

I finished the baby quilt for the other twin girl cousin due in June. The first was the bunny Patch Pal quilt and the second is the bear Patch Pal. This one is quilted with lots of teddy bears.

Here's the back:

Carol - that Bear quilt is so adorable - I love your backing is it flannel?  

My Autumn Baltimore Album may look difficult but I think anyone can do them.  I remember when I was so scared to do applique' and that was needle turn - raw edge is a piece of cake compared to that.    I do love every part of quilting though... all kinds of quilts - only ones that I get the eebie jeebie's when I look at are those busy busy ones that you look at but can't find a place for your eyes to rest - with the blocks and sometimes the choice of fabrics... the craftsy bom this year is one of those... I love that fabric but not all in the same quilt - 

I do love your bear quilt - is it from the Quiltmaker quilts?  I have gotten their book with all those quilts in it as I have them on my list of quilts to make - I get their magazine just for those quilts... :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 12:45 PM | Locked

Well I was able to make my (self imposed) deadline on my coworker's quilt. I ended putting it back on the frame with my Pfaff. I had to turn the quilt around after I got past the middle as there was too much bulk rolled up for the machine's throat space. I got done just after four this AM and got it washed and ready to take to work.

This coworker recently had brain surgery and I thought it would be nice to do this for him. Another coworker and her daughter helped with the piecing and everyone in the department wrote messages on it. I put it together and you know, as they say, "the rest of the story."

I got the layout from a Bonnie Hunter design but I use the Monkey Wrench/Shoo Fly instead of what she used in the the interest of time and my helpers' abilities.

I took advantage of the beautiful sunshine today for my photo shoot. Without further ado here it is:

I used flannel on the back; just one piece. I bought some new stencils and tried one on the red and white blocks:

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,408
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 12:59 PM | Locked

What a nice thing to do for your co-worker, Kris.  It's beautiful and your new stencil is perfect for this quilt.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 2:14 PM | Locked

No Carol I didn't make the fleece blanket behind the dogs.  It was a Christmas present from my oldest daughter Victoria who lives in Virginia.  She had it made at Walmart from the photo shoot her, her husband Ian, and my grandbaby Ivy.  Walmart did a great job and I want to do one of my crochet quilts with photos of my Daddy (he passed away two years ago on his 71st birthday of a massive stroke that was caused by a heart test he had two days before) as a present for my mom who still lives in Florida.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 2:16 PM | Locked

Kris, its absolutely stunning.  The colors are wonderful and amazing quilt work.  Way to go.

Page 224 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 222 223 224 225 226 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use