Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 151 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 149 150 151 152 153 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 4:39 PM | Locked

didash:
 I am particularly looking for boy/dinosaur/monster/candy/food etc.  I have mostly nautical, batiks, and small floral prints to exchange.  Anyone interested in swapping?
Sure. PM me the particulars and and address so I can get something in the mail for you.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 4:39 PM | Locked

didash:
 I am particularly looking for boy/dinosaur/monster/candy/food etc.  I have mostly nautical, batiks, and small floral prints to exchange.  Anyone interested in swapping?
Sure. PM me the particulars and and address so I can get something in the mail for you.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 5:30 PM | Locked

Hi didash, I have some super hero material and some dinosaur material. If you will send me your address I will get some in the mail for you. God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,549
Points 46,955
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 6:35 PM | Locked

Diane, I sent you a friend request w/pictures of what I found in my stash.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 604
Points 10,470
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 9:05 PM | Locked

How much do you need? I might have some sheep, chicken, dog and maybe some cat fabric. What size are the areas you need this for? I don't need anything back.  

didash:

Good morning all!

The I Spy quilt that I made for my grandson for Christmas (thanks to the help from some of you) was such a big hit, that now I have been asked to make another!  Problem is, I only have about 48 of the 88 different fabrics needed for the quilt. Since there aren't any charm swaps going in in the swaps forum, is anyone interested in swapping some fabric?  I am particularly looking for boy/dinosaur/monster/candy/food etc.  I have mostly nautical, batiks, and small floral prints to exchange.  Anyone interested in swapping?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 10:19 PM | Locked

Well, darn. Anyway, it's finished and delivered. Completed last night while working through a gall bladder attack. Coming out next tues. Thank heavens. 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 10:58 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilt, Vivian,   Good luck with your surgery

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 1:08 PM | Locked

Great quilt Vivian.

And glad to hear that pesky gall bladder is coming out. Hope it goes well and you recover quickly.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 1:21 PM | Locked

We have had the flu around here, it slowed down my quilting but I still got it done. 

My sweet little girl is picking a number for me each week.........she keeps picking ones I'm not very eager to quilt, but I figure get worst ones done first, right?

This one was an antique quilt top I rescued. It is crooked and stained but I loved it because it reminds me of something my Grandma would have made if she were a quilter. I wish I could have handquilted (it's hand-pieced) it but i don't think I would have found the time, and I think it would have been a lot of handling for such an old quilt. At least this way all the pieces are securely stitched down and hopefully it will last quite a bit longer.

2 quilt tops quilted............only about 48 left to go!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 1:54 PM | Locked

Great Job Vivian. What a cheerful creation.

Jacy, you leave me in awe of everything you accomplish. I wish I knew how you do it! The anique top is beautiful!

I finished Jr's star top today while Sprout napped. It's just needed the outer border for the past 2 weeks. I'm glad to have it done. i didn't have quite enough border print to make it a twin sized, so instead it's a large stadium - it'll still fit on his bed but with a shorted drop then his others. It's just about the right size really since I don't doubt it'll do service as a sleep-out/sleep-over blanket. Now I just need to check my stash for backing and get it quilted...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 2:26 PM | Locked

Love your quilt, Vivian-even if it is a little tipsy.  LOL    Good luck with your surgery next week.  It will be a lot easier than when mine was done 50 years ago, for certain.      Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 775
Adele Hoyt replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 2:29 PM | Locked

The contrast of colors is so wonderful!  I dug in my closet this morning and found three tops - UFO's - so I put the borders on two, and pin basted the third.  I am challenging myself to pin baste the other two so that I can free motion quilt them, That's the plan for this afternoon.  

Happy Quilting Everyone!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 2:38 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Jacy, you leave me in awe of everything you accomplish. I wish I knew how you do it!

There are a lot of things I don't do, my DH would probably prefer that I do some them a little more......exercise, garden, weed, dishes (isn't that why I have teens?), clean house, well at least not until it becomes a necessity. And I don't have a 1 yr old.  5yr olds are pretty good at entertaining themselves. 

chocake2:
I finished Jr's star top today while Sprout napped

See, you get things accomplished too.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 4:10 PM | Locked

Nice quilt, Vivan.

It is even prettier right side up. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 4:12 PM | Locked

Jacy, you always have exactly the right touch with a quilt.  I saw those pretty leaves in the borders.

Page 151 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 149 150 151 152 153 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use