Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 105 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 103 104 105 106 107 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 1:27 PM | Locked

I found out last night I have. The day free.    Confirmed it this morning.   Now I am trying to find the yarn I need to match, and the pattern so I can go to Spokane and cross that off my list.   I am. Piddling around here to give my hidden brain time to remember where I put it in the last cleaning frenzy.  Not having much success finding my hidden brain, let alone access the remembering part.  Later, perhaps I can get some quilting in.   

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 8,550
didash replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 8:27 AM | Locked

OK...we are in the "new house", new furniture ordered...time to think about a new quilt to go with the new furniture....

Looking for ideas, suggestions for a quilt that is shades of gray, white, and black with purple accents - I know, sound's gross, but the furniture fabric really "works". Would love to do a bargello, just not sure about 24-27 different fabrics with those 4 colors........any other designs that pop into your mind???

Thanks in advance, this group is so creative I just know there are some good ideas out there :)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,585
Points 26,580
Debbie replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 8:55 AM | Locked

since I'm working half days, per dr's orders, I have time to sew in the p.m.  Came home yesterday and finished a quilt for my boss' retirement.  I used the pieces I had left over from MQ9 and got a 48" by 64" quilt, nice lap size to me.  Plan on having staff sign in the yellow blocks.  I'll add a picture when DH gets out of bed to hold it up while I take the picture.  Had 8 blocks - 4 each X and Os, then used the extra squares to add around it and then some purple I had left over, plus put pinwheels in the corners. I think she'll love it!  Now, to sneak it in to work and get people to sign it, then quilted and binding done.  good thing I have till Dec 31!   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 10:31 AM | Locked

Grey black white and purple sounds fun. If the purple is an accent that you can change out you have infinite variety at you fingertips 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 8,550
didash replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 11:28 AM | Locked

Vivian :

Grey black white and purple sounds fun. If the purple is an accent that you can change out you have infinite variety at you fingertips 

Yes, the purple is an accent in the fabric of the rocker...the couch is dark gray.  I'm planning a black/grey/white kaleidoscope quilt (Brewster's Choice), but I wanted to do a second quilt and incorporate the purple...need at least 2 quilts in the room! LOL!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 47,640
Pat Lancaster replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 2:38 PM | Locked

I finally got back to quilting my Craftsy BOM. I went to Craftsy for a little refresher on one of the blocks and Craftsy is having issues. I tried 3 different browsers and every time I click to look at another page I get and "invalid url" message. So, I used up most of my sewing time fighting with the internet. I decided to come here and see if anyone had completed block 19 but there aren't any posted. Oh well, I'm quickly losing interest in the internet. I'll try another block.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

Pam, both quilts are beautiful and the kitties are a nice touch.

Carol, your ornaments are very cute.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 9:42 AM | Locked

Thanks for all the comments on DGD's quilt.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

didash:
r ideas, suggestions for a quilt that is shades of gray, white, and black with purple accents

Diane, there is a new Downton Abby mystery quilt starting up today in those very colors.  Here's the web site so you can investigate this option.  www.lovebugstudios.com

You have to register and find a quilt shop locally that will be running the mystery or you can order the fabrics from Fat Quarter Shop.  The Dowager's fabric fits your needs to a T.  Have fun!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

Bonita your quilt is beautiful, thanks for the compliment on mine....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,798
Points 122,955
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:58 AM | Locked

Mimi, your link for lovebugstudios didn't work. But I found the site and information about the Downton Abby mystery quilt. I won't be making it, at least I won't be buying the fabric (Just ordered the new Kindle Fire and that kind of blew my fabric budget) but I registered anyway so I could follow along.

What puzzles me is you can go to the Fat Quarter Shop to buy the fabric  and it includes the pattern, so where's the mystery? 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 11:12 AM | Locked

Judy - From what I know this is an original pattern developed by the blogger who is sponsoring the mystery along with prizes and contests.  It measures 81 x 81.  The quilt pattern on Fat Quarter Shop is a different size.  My LQS told me about this yesterday when I finished up my shop hop.  Thought it was worth mentioning.  Sorry the link didn't work.  I guess I'm just not that techy. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,798
Points 122,955
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

Mimi:
udy - From what I know this is an original pattern developed by the blogger who is sponsoring the mystery along with prizes and contests. 

That makes sense Mimi. Thanks. I see on her website that most of her kits are already sold out, especially for the dowager who is my favorite character.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 12:10 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
I see on her website that most of her kits are already sold out, especially for the dowager who is my favorite character.

Went to her Etsy site and everything that was already pre cut is gone.  Guess I'll have to muddle along cutting for myself.  The dowager is my favorite character too.

Page 105 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 103 104 105 106 107 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use