Page 36 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 557 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,800
Jacy replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:02 PM

Kristin, so glad that your quilt made it to you safely and that you like it.

I wanted to co-ordinate this quilt for you to pay-it-forward for all the time and work you put into organizing the mailbox surprise groups for this year. And I love something you posted in that group, this is from Feb 7th

"I have always held firmly to the thought that each one of us can do a little something to bring some sunshine and smiles to somebody's day"

I'm glad to be a part of something that bought some sunshine and smiles to your day today!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 2:33 PM

Jacy so well put xx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:32 PM

Kristin (KAlbrecht):

OMG!!!!!!!!

I just got the mail.  And what did I find, but a most gorgeous quilt obviously full of love from all of you.  THANK YOU is not NEAR enough to express my deepest gratitude for the thoughtfulness that was obviously put into this work of art.  I simply don't know what to say.  It is just amazing.  

I honestly believe my dad died for a reason when he did . . . so that I could benefit from his frugal nature of saving money so that I can go on disability without any worries about money.  I cannot feel sorry for myself, or ask for any sympathy.  I've felt dad and mom watching over me together and smiling.  I know they would both approve of the recent changes to my life.  Mom and dad taught me to always be true to my word and through that message I've accomplished great things in my life.  My brother and sister sadly, have gone the other way.  I don't know how three people who came from the same mother and father can have completely different outlooks on life.  I've dealt with health problems since I was 13 years old and because of that I've grown to appreciate life, appreciate friends who stand by me no matter what, and to help others less fortunate.  The only thing I can pray for with my brother and sister, is that someday they too will understand the meaning of life.  I figure when I die, people won't care how many college degrees I have, where I've traveled to, where I live, or who I impressed . . . what's going to be important is what I do/did to make this world a better place for ALL.  I honestly believe that what we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

I truly honestly value the friendships I've made here on QCA more than you will ever know.  My paternal grandmother once told me that a true friend is the one human soul we can always count on, who know the best and worst of use, and who remains by our side in spite of our faults.

Richard is indeed my rock . . . he is my best friend.  We compliment each other well . . . and that is proven by our 27 years of marriage . . . we don't take advantage of each other, and we compliment each others weaknesses and strengths very well.  I don't know where I would be today without Richard by my side.  I can honestly say that each one of my friends here on QCA is a true friend and friendships that I will cherish . . . ALWAYS!

I wish I could think of SOMETHING to repay all your kindness . . . at least I know I will be able to pay-it-forward all your generosity, thoughtfulness, kindness and prayers.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

(Especially to Jacy for coordinating this amazing gift)

Cheers!

Kristin, I just now read this  as I to am recoverying from  Surgery , I so happy you got your quilt  I just know you will love yours as I have loved the one I got several months ago when MY MOM   Passed, It has given me many hours of comfort .    Know I think of you an prayers coming your way often.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:36 PM

Jacy ,I love the quilt, as I'm just now seeing it   it came out wonderful .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,799
Points 352,047
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 6:19 PM

Kristen,

I so glad you got the quilt and that you are able to feel the love put into it.

I'm also sorry the new stimulator has not worked as expected. You and yours will remain in my prayers.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Jacy:

Pictures, pictures...........all your blocks have made a wonderful quilt........

all finished except for a label, here's the front, and the back (cream on cream print)

Jacy, I'm a little behind. You did a beautiful job!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 8:53 PM

Hey, does anyone have any tissues left?? I need some. Tears for such joy.

Kristen, we all consider you such a great friend to each of us, I am sure. As such, a simple thank you is sufficent for us. We need no other then that.

Now, I will continue, as will  we all, that your health issues are finally corrected. Be happy with this time for just you and Richard.Rretirement is so special. It doesn;t matter if it is for medical reasons or just because it is time to no longer work outside your home. I am finding that this is the best of times. We are just free to be......

Take care, sweet lady. And thanks, for all the love you bestow on US!

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 11:59 AM

Jacy, Beautiful quilt. Fantastic job. Kristin you will always have friends here who care about you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 9:47 PM

Jacy's, I finally got to this site and I just saw the quilt. You did an amazing job quilting it. I've been quite busy this week as DS1 is here on holidays.  I am proud to have a small part in this quilt and I hope Kristin can feel our love and prayers through the quilt.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Jacy and the Gang, this is one gorgeous quilt!  The loving care just radiates!!!!!!!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 9:55 PM

Kristin, I'm so sorry the device did not work. I hope your doctors will be able to find a solution to alleviate your pain.

reaching the decision of going on permanent disability was obviously very difficult but the best for you at this point. 

Im so happy that you like your quilt. When you use it think that you are getting a group hug from all of  us. I will keep you in my prayers in the hope they will get a solution for you.

i think you are a very strong woman and you are lucky to have married your best friend like I did.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,800
Jacy replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 9:51 AM

I received an email from Kristin this morning, She is going in for a second attempt to activate the neurostimulator. I hope she will have better results this time.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,425
Points 72,070
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:36 AM

Sending thoughts and prayers that it will work properly this time.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 12:41 PM

still praying.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 12:48 PM

Oh, thanks for letting us know Jacy.  I will put in some new prayers for her.    Ginny

Page 36 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use