Top 10 Posters

Lets make a Quilt for Kristin

Page 35 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 557 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 11:28 PM

I am so sorry to hear about the device you have not working, Kristen.  We don't each other personally,but like others, I feel I know from all you do for this site.  Please take care of yourself.  Just take care and rest for now.  Everything will eventually fall into place.  We will continue our prayers that somehow they will be able to reprogram the device to help you.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:47 AM

kristen i am sorry to hear your device is not working.   

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 8:21 AM

Kristin, I pray they will be able to find a solution for this latest problem you must bear.  My heart guess out to you. Hopefully, your quilt will arrive tomorrow so look forward to that. Such a beautiful, new comfort in your life.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,640

Kristen, continued thoughts, prayers, and virtual hugs being sent your way.  I hope you have some happiness very soon!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 9:49 AM

Kristin,  Holding you and your dear hubby in my thought and prayers.  There is a window opening somewhere that has your name on it.  Keep hoping for the best.  Many hugs.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Kristin, I'm so sorry your device is not working. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:58 AM

Kristin, so sorry to hear this news, I'm praying they can re-program in 2 weeks with much success.  When you receive your quilt from Jacy know that each and every stitch in it are thoughts and prayers to comfort you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:18 PM

Kristen I am so sorry that the device has caused you more symptoms and not sorted out the tremors! Richard seems to be your rock and your care is his first priority. You need to take each day as it comes and be kind to yourself Lxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

OMG!!!!!!!!

I just got the mail.  And what did I find, but a most gorgeous quilt obviously full of love from all of you.  THANK YOU is not NEAR enough to express my deepest gratitude for the thoughtfulness that was obviously put into this work of art.  I simply don't know what to say.  It is just amazing.  

I honestly believe my dad died for a reason when he did . . . so that I could benefit from his frugal nature of saving money so that I can go on disability without any worries about money.  I cannot feel sorry for myself, or ask for any sympathy.  I've felt dad and mom watching over me together and smiling.  I know they would both approve of the recent changes to my life.  Mom and dad taught me to always be true to my word and through that message I've accomplished great things in my life.  My brother and sister sadly, have gone the other way.  I don't know how three people who came from the same mother and father can have completely different outlooks on life.  I've dealt with health problems since I was 13 years old and because of that I've grown to appreciate life, appreciate friends who stand by me no matter what, and to help others less fortunate.  The only thing I can pray for with my brother and sister, is that someday they too will understand the meaning of life.  I figure when I die, people won't care how many college degrees I have, where I've traveled to, where I live, or who I impressed . . . what's going to be important is what I do/did to make this world a better place for ALL.  I honestly believe that what we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

I truly honestly value the friendships I've made here on QCA more than you will ever know.  My paternal grandmother once told me that a true friend is the one human soul we can always count on, who know the best and worst of use, and who remains by our side in spite of our faults.

Richard is indeed my rock . . . he is my best friend.  We compliment each other well . . . and that is proven by our 27 years of marriage . . . we don't take advantage of each other, and we compliment each others weaknesses and strengths very well.  I don't know where I would be today without Richard by my side.  I can honestly say that each one of my friends here on QCA is a true friend and friendships that I will cherish . . . ALWAYS!

I wish I could think of SOMETHING to repay all your kindness . . . at least I know I will be able to pay-it-forward all your generosity, thoughtfulness, kindness and prayers.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

(Especially to Jacy for coordinating this amazing gift)

Cheers!

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:51 PM

Kristin, with tears in my eyes I can say that you have and you will pay it forward.  Enjoy the hugs of love and comfort sewn in that quilt that we send your way as you heal and recover. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 2:15 PM

Kristin so glad you love the quilt. the squares came from far and wide well 2 were from UK . Your post brought tears to my eyes, you are a very brave lady and I admire the choices you have been forced to make and I sure with Richard at your side you will have a bright and happy future. Maybe not the one you planned but sometimes we are led on a different path that is so much better!. Lxxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 2:21 PM

Kristin,

I am so glad you love your quilt, I hope you and Richard both enjoy it and feel the love and hugs that have been sewn into it, from people you have never even met.

My love, prayers and hugs are with you always.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 6:27 PM

Kristin

You made me cry....   I agree that the friends I have made here are very special to me and will always be in my prayers.  God Bless you and Keep you always in His arms.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 6:41 PM

Kristin, I'm so glad you have Richard to help you through this rough journey and so glad that you liked the quilt.  Jacy, indeed, did an exceptional job organizing and completing the quilt.  I was thankful to be a part of the quilt, and have no doubt that you will pay-it-forward as you are able.

Continued prayers are being sent that all will be well with you and Richard.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Well, It is so good to see you on the site today. I am so happy you are doing at least a little better. I have been praying for you so much. What a rough time you've been through, but isn't it great that you have someone you can count on by your side. My prayers to him too. I think I can speak for everyone that worked  your quilt  (hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes) that we were all more than ecstatic to do something for you.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Page 35 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use