Top 10 Posters

Lets make a Quilt for Kristin

Page 34 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 557 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,877
Points 32,585
Roxana replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 4:15 PM

Jackie,

I love the quilt! You've done a wonderful job. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with all of us. Thanks also for the update.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385

I am very sorry to post this update from Kristen. :(. Kristen, you are in our thoughts. I am just beyond words. I'm so sorry. 

Hi All --

I have to tell you that my new DBS unit did not work.

When we went to turn it on on Wednesday, on all four wires, not only did they do nothing for the tremors, but they also caused . . . 

• Sudden numbness in the face, neck, and upper chest
  • Trouble speaking
  • Trouble keeping the right eye open or even focused.
We did not try walking.

We're going to try reprogramming it again in two weeks.  I do not hold much hope for it working.  When we left Dr. Rezak's office yesterday we left the unit turned on to a level that didn't appear to cause any side effects, although it didn't control tremor.  This morning when I got up, it was clearly obvious that setting would not work either.  My face and most of my left side were numb when I got up this morning.  I immediately turned the unit off, and all feeling came back immediately.

Dr. Rezak and Dr. McGraw both have now beyond any doubt recommended I go on permanent disability from work.  After several hours of talking it over with Richard, we both believe the doctors are right.  I will not be returning to work.

That's enough for now.  If you want to know more, feel free to ask.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,877
Points 32,585
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:06 PM

So sorry to hear this. Thanks for passing it on. Thoughts and prayers for Kristin and Richard...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:12 PM

Carolyn thanks for the update.

Kristen I am so sorry.  I had so hoped that things would go better.   God Bless.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:52 PM

Kristin quilt went out in the mail today, she should have it Saturday. After all these discouraging and difficult weeks I hope it will bring a smile to her face.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,877
Points 32,585
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:58 PM

Jacy, thank you a million times over for the coordination and quilting of this quilt. You did beautiful work and I know it will bring a smile to Kristini's face. Thanks again from all of us.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:03 PM

Jacy what  beautiful work you have done on Kristen's quilt.  I pray for her healing and that this quilt will bring her many peaceful and joyful hours.  I hope she can just feel the love, prayers and hugs that have gone into it.  Thank you Jacy for all the quilting and putting these blocks together.  It will take me years if ever to get this good at quilting.

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,786
Points 122,660

Kristin, you are going through so much. Although I don't know you personally, you are a quilty friend at heart and I hope the quilt gives you some warm cozy moments.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,183
Points 18,165
weezee56 replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:23 PM

Kristin, I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through so much Wednesday. I hope and pray they can straighten out everything and make your DBS unit work properly.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,650
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:31 PM

That quilt is sure to be a bright ray of sunshine in her life right now considering the problems she had on hooking up her electrodes.  May the Lord give her peace in her life.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,802
Points 67,545
Bonita replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:39 PM

So sorry to hear the new update on Kristin. Jacy , I'm sure the quilt will brighten her day when she sees it. God Bless you all.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Oh Kristin, I am so sorry to hear about the device you have. Although we don't each other personally, I feel I know from all you do for this site. Please take care of yourself. I know how hard it is when you are told by 3 doctors that you will never be able to work again. Fortunately, I have finally gotten used to the idea. I'm sure you will too, eventually. Just take care and rest for now. You still have your quilting friends.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:32 PM

Kristen - after going through so much for so long, I can't imagine how you felt when things didn't go as hoped for.  Please remain strong and positive and maybe a new treatment will come along that will work for you.

I read your letter to your father - what a wonderful tribute to your loving father.  It sounds like you have had a wonderful upbringing with loving parents and now have a very loving husband.

I hope the beautiful quilt that Jacy quilted for you from all the lovely blocks made by your QCA sisters warms you and gives you plenty of hugs.  I hope being home with your furbabies is very relaxing for you.

Please take care.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:48 PM

Kristen,

I am so sorry prayers and hugs, are coming your way lots and lots of them.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:50 PM

Kristin

I know what it feels like to have to admit that you can no longer work.  I know that I went thru lots of feelings of guilt and uselessness.   Just know that those pass and you can get back to life.  Just a different life than you were used to.   Lots of love and hugs coming your way.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 34 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use