Page 1 of 38 (558 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 557 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy Posted: Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:53 PM

As many of you know (especially if you are in the Mailbox Surprises or Round Robin Groups) Kristin has been having some medical problems.

Here's from a post she made yesterday

"All -- I wanted to update you all with my progress . . . or lack thereof.

The broken wire has now fully retracted into the brain . . . as a result I will be admitted to the hospital today so a teather can be put on the end of the wire before it is completely "lost" inside the brain.  The teather will give the surgical team the time they need to come up with a method for removing the broken wire from the brain without causing further damage, instead of rushing through the process.

To some extent, this is a good thing . . . the surgical team can now figure out how to get the wire out without damaging the brain.  The bad thing . . . I have to spend at least the next two weeks in the hospital.  I don't get along well with hospitals . . . especially long visits such as this one.

You will probably not hear from me until I get home again . . . probably early August.  My husband does know how to log onto my QCA subscription and will post a message if anything occurs that is worse than it is now.   I guess it's better to assume that if you don't hear anything, that all is proceeding on schedule and as expected.  Please be assured that I have put my full faith in the medical team and that I am in good hands.  I fully expect when I do get home that it will be a lengthy recovery."

And an update from her husband

"I am at her bedside in the hospital as she struggles through with a tether attached to the broken wire.  She is now equipped with a halo, similar to what you see on spinal cord injuries.  She's not happy, but is trying to stay positive. "

I would like to make a quilt to send her from her QCA friends.

If you would like to make a quilt block and mail it to me then please send me a PM.

COLORS:  lets use purple, blue, turquoise, teal. Lets keep the background to cream/ivory. Batiks are great but I don't know if everyone has them, just be sure to use deep/rich/brighter colors, not pastels. 

SIGN YOUR NAME:  Please sign your name (and your hometown/state if you'd like) on your block. 

TIME FRAME: I'd like to get this quilt to Kristin as soon as I can. If you could get me a block by the end of this month, 2 weeks from now that would be great. Please let me know if you are sending one later than that.

CONTACTING ME / MY ADDRESS: Send me a PM and I will give you my address. For those who don't know how to do this, click on my name in red at the top of this post, it will take you to my home page. Click on Add as a friend, or Start conversation and you will be able to send me a private message.

If you need ideas for a 9" block here's a link to some (scroll down till you see 9")

http://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeB.html

• | Post Points: 230
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:14 PM

Jacy, I'm in.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:33 PM

Jacy,

Sent you a PM.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:49 PM

Would love to!

from TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 586
Points 10,140
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 11:25 PM

I don't know her, but I would love to help out.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 11:46 PM

I would like to make a block. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:13 AM

I will make a block.

Diana in East TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:15 AM

Jacy

I looked back thru the Round Robin info and found that Kristin used batiks and requested NO PASTELS.  She used purples and blues and oranges.  I get the feel that she likes rich colors.   Hope this helps.   I would be happy to send you a block.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Jacy, you know I'm in.  :)  Thanks so much for organizing.  

Thanks, Nana for sharing the info from Kristin's RR quilt.  Here are Kristin's color/fabric preferences from her MB surprises group:

colors:  anything except pastel

styles: no children, no asian

fabrics: "I haven't found a fabric I don't like. My #1 love is Batiks"

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 23,990
Debbie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:10 AM

Count me in, I can do a 9" block in batiks, I know!   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 23,990
Debbie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:19 AM

Jacy:

If you would like to make a quilt block and mail it to me then please send me a PM.

I would like 9" blocks, as simple or fancy as you like. 

Jacy - what time frame are we looking at?  just needed an idea, for planning.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:25 AM

Jacy:

As many of you know (especially if you are in the Mailbox Surprises or Round Robin Groups) Kristin has been having some medical problems.

Here's from a post she made yesterday

"All -- I wanted to update you all with my progress . . . or lack thereof.

I would like 9" blocks, as simple or fancy as you like. 

I don't know what colors Kristin likes, Anyone out there know?

I'll wait a day or so and see if anyone know of colors/fabrics she likes, then I'll post guidelines for color scheme.

Here's a link to some 9" quilt block patterns (scroll down till you see 9")

http://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeB.html

Jacy, I would love to help if you still have room. Please PM me and let me know. Thanks Julienne

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 5,370
Yvonne replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:45 AM

Where do we send the blocks?

Renton Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 5,370
Yvonne replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:45 AM

Where do we send the blocks?

Renton Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 5,370
Yvonne replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:47 AM

oops.  Sorry about the repeat!

Renton Washington

Page 1 of 38 (558 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use