Top 10 Posters

Rulers

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20
Mbkenny posted on Tue, Jul 16 2013 7:38 PM

I have a pattern that calls for the creative grids 90 degree strip ruler for quarter square triangles.  I found one but it is a 90 degree double strip ruler.  Are they the same thing and will it work?

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,324 Posts
Points 19,935

Hi MBKenny,

There is a difference, but I don't know enough about the rulers or the pattern you're doing to know if you can substitute one for the other.  If you go to 'creativegrids.com', then click products, then scroll over to the right in those boxes at the top, you'll see 'strips'.  Click on that one and all the different versions of that ruler will pop up.  You can see that there is a 90 degree strip ruler and a 90 degree double strip ruler.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,379 Posts
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 5:46 PM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

Hi MBKenny,

There is a difference, but I don't know enough about the rulers or the pattern you're doing to know if you can substitute one for the other.  If you go to 'creativegrids.com', then click products, then scroll over to the right in those boxes at the top, you'll see 'strips'.  Click on that one and all the different versions of that ruler will pop up.  You can see that there is a 90 degree strip ruler and a 90 degree double strip ruler.

MBKenny,
I only recently learned that when a pattern calls for a specific ruler, all the instructions are for that ruler and another ruler usually doesn't work unless you have access to the correct one and can make adjustments. A friend and I were making Chopsticks and it called for a particular triangular ruler. We tried it with another ruler and the markings were different. Luckily for  us, the pattern provided a template pattern to use as a substitute for the ruler.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use