Help Newbie Question!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
38 Posts
Points 835
Bama Deb posted on Mon, Jul 15 2013 5:03 PM

Hi there!  I have  decided to purchase a Brother SE400.  It is in my budget and does several things.  Does anyone know what size of quilt you can make on this machine?  A friend told me only baby blankets.  If that is the case I need something else.  I like all the features on this machine.  I searched here to see if I could find a photo of a quilt someone made on the Brother but couldn't find it if it were on here.

Reviews are good for this little machine and it says it quilts but if it is going to be hard to do I might want to look at something else but honestly can't go much more than the price of this one right now.

Thanks for any input!

Debbie

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
712 Posts
Points 13,485

Debbie, the do let husbands tag along.  The one in the Smokies had a few husbands come along. These retreats are so much fun.  I've 2 here in Texas, one was a class with a national speaker for 2 nights, 3 days.  Then we did one in Fredericksburg, TX for 4 days.  It was more like the one in the Smokies, no schedule, just sewing, having fun with new friends and learning from each other.  Being there a week allows you to visit the area around it and doing a bit of sight-seeing as well as get to go to quilt stores.  Debbie-do and I hit almost every quilt store on the way from San Antonio, thru Ark and into Tennessee.  We took a side trip to Chattanooga to pick up another quilter and hit another quilt store. Then lots of quilt stores on the way home! 

Not sure on your pet question, I'm assuming that has to do with the retreat itself and whether they allow pets.  

Hope to see you there!

Michelle

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 8:24 PM

Debbie

A lot of husbands come to retreats with their wives.  I know that Stone Castle is listed as pet friendly but the portion of the hotel we were in didn't allow pets.  You don't know if there is ever an exception but I doubt it.   I love taking my Chihuahua babies with me when I travel too.  Haven't been able to take them to any of the retreats though.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use