Top 10 Posters

Marge P needs your T's & P's!

Page 8 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 48,625
Angele replied on Mon, Aug 12 2013 8:31 PM

Thanks Jacy and Donna for the updates. I'm very happy to hear that Marge is on her way back to the rehab centre. Being on the road to recovery is great news! Will keep up with prayers and positive thoughts.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Aug 12 2013 9:34 PM

Such good news...praying that she is on the mend now.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 12 2013 10:17 PM

I just got off the phone with Marge!   She is sounding much better!  Her spirits are up once again!!! YES!

She was in a transport ambulance from 11am this morning until 3pm - traveling from Spokane to Wenatchee (in WA State) and is now re-settled in the Rehab Center nearer to her home and family.

As she explained it to me, the orthopedic tumor surgeon removed the titanium rod placed in her femur last month and replaced it with a new rod that runs from the top of her artificial knee (received last summer) all the way to her hip socket.  It basically is bypassing all the bone tissue that was compromised by the radiation treatment.  So, when she uses that leg, her weight is completely supported by the rod in that upper leg - not her own bone.

She also said she has already had her first physical therapy session after returning to Wenatchee this afternoon.  They are not giving her any time to rest on her laurels!

Now the game plan is getting strong enough to 1)return home and manage daily tasks on her own, and 2) be ready for the OREGON COAST RETREAT in October!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 12 2013 11:09 PM

Donna B:
Now the game plan is getting strong enough to 1)return home and manage daily tasks on her own, and 2) be ready for the OREGON COAST RETREAT in October!

Go Marge!  We're rooting for you!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,706
Points 138,720

Donna B:

Go Marge! What encouraging news. That is one strong lady. Really looking forward to seeing her in Oregon.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 12 2013 11:22 PM

Marge

We will be cheering you on with your rehab.  I know its a lot of work but I also know that you are the kind of woman who will kick that rehab's butt.   Can hardly wait to see you again.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,855
Points 181,538
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 7:58 AM

Jacy, thanks for the update.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,855
Points 181,538
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 8:04 AM

Donna, thanks for the update on Marge.  She's one tough lady!  Prayers will continue to come your way Marge.  Kick their butt!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 8:19 AM

Donna--Thanks for the update.

Marge--Go, Marge, Go! 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,620
Points 24,755
Susie replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 2:08 PM

GREAT NEWS!  Continued prayers that she progresses well without too much pain!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,931
Points 383,357
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 6:21 PM

Wonderful news. I'm praying for you Marge. I'm looking forward to seeing you and your parade of T-shirts at the retreat.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 6:45 PM

So glad the news turned from bad again, to Great! Praying for your complete healing, Marge P.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:09 PM

Hi all-

I just want to let you all know how much the posts have meant to me. First time on the laptop for over 10 days as I only do it when Lee is here to set it up for me.  The past 10 days have been pretty full and the internet has not been a priority at all.

I tried to post a message this afternoon on my tablet and after losing at least 7 of them, I gave up and waited until he came down.  I am very happy to let you know that I am doing so much better as compared to prior to the second surgery.  Pain pills just a couple times a day, able to actually stand on both feet without pain.  The OT gal had me stand yesterday morning with no walker (the wheel chair was behind me but didn't have to use it) and she had a large board that had a deck of cards all mixed up and attached to the board.  She would hand me a card and I had to find its mate.  I accused her of tricking me on some of them and she laughed and assured me that they all had matches.  The card was generally right in front of my face that I couldn't find. LOL  When I got done she informed me that I had stood on both legs pretty equally for a full 5 minutes.  The whole staff is amazed at the difference in what I am able to do now as compared to before I had the second surgery.  The surgeon was a young guy who really seemed to know his stuff and I am so very thankful for being referred to him.. I am working on walking with the walker and have gone some pretty good distances.  I babied the left left leg for three weeks so am having to relearn that but it is coming along.

Thanks so much to Donna for keeping you all up to date as to what has been going on.  Jacy, I so appreciated your visit last Sunday in Spokane.  That was awesome of you to take time out of your busy schedule to come visit me.  I hope your hubby didn't get too bored with entertaining your kiddos! Lee sure had a hard time accepting the fact that you are the mama of 8!

As Donna says, the goal is the Oregon Retreat and I am looking so forward to it.  I hope I have a month at home before the retreat as I will have to pace myself to try and get stuff ready.  

Thanks again and I hope each and every one of you are being blessed daily.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,955
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:16 PM

Marge, so glad to hear that things are going well, sounds like the recovery is moving right along, that's wonderful.

And I'm glad I got a moment to come and visit you, nothing more boring than being stuck in a hospital room all day. And it's good for my hubby to have "forced" time with the kids!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:42 PM

Marge, it's great to hear from you directly and to learn your recovery is off to such a promising start.  Looking forward to seeing you again!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 8 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use