Oh my Donna, that must really have been scary. Guess right now I'll just be glad for the rain we are getting and quit grousing about it. Just makes it impossible to paint the porch now that it has been power washed. Ginny
dry lightning was predicted for today, and then they changed the forecast, but looks like it is coming our way if you have it now. I just finished putting 1/8 inch aluminum screen around the bottom of the car port to prevent embers from getting in should there be a fire. As Steve says, the question is not whether or not we will have a fire, but "when."
But forecast now predicts rain.
I will mail Marge's block tomorrow.
I just had a call from Marge's DH...unfortunately not good news today.
She had her first post-surgery follow-up appointment...with x-rays of the pin placed in her left femur. The bone is not mending around the pin and basically...per DH: "the pin is just sitting in mush". The doctors are now discussing the next course of action - which may include sending her to Spokane to be treated by a bone- tumor specialist.
The assumption right now is that another surgery will be required, but we do not have the final word from the doctors yet. She is so looking forward to the Oregon Coast Retreat in October. This has been her goal from the moment this break happened and she isn't giving up hope yet.
Please keep Marge in your thoughts and prayers!
Oh no Donna. That is such sad news. Prayers continue.
That is terrible news, will be sending more good thoughts and prayers Marge's way. I know Marge's case is completely different, but my daughter's femur also had problems healing around the titanium rod. She's had at least 5 surgeries, and they want to do another one they say will alleviate some of her random pain, but she doesn't want to do it. She is able to do her job as a mail carrier so after 5-1/2 years, she doesn't want to be incapacitated again, especially with a 1 year old running around the house.
I'm sorry to hear the bad news, doggone it. Wishing marge the best.
gini in north idaho
Oh my Donna, such bad news to hear about Marge's leg. I pray that a solution is found quickly that is a good surprise for her. She will be brought forward in my prayers. Ginny
Oh no, such sad news. I pray the doctors will figure out the best treatment to get her healing ASAP.
Donna--Thank you for the update, no matter the worry of the news. I know it's scary but I had a premonition to this effect last night. Will keep remembering her in thoughts and prayers.
Agnes in NW Ontario
Donna B:I just had a call from Marge's DH...unfortunately not good news today.
Oh that is just awful. Poor Marge, that lovely lady must be feeling very discouraged.
In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
I haven't been on in a while, but I'm very sorry to hear about Marge and will definitely add her to my prayer list and continue until the angels "knit" her bones together again :( Praying for a complete recovery for her and for all of our QCA friends who are in need of "perfect health" prayers :)!
Continued thoughts and prayers for Marge.
Agnes:I had a premonition to this effect last night.
I know... I hadn't talked to her for a week and I had been thinking about her all day (we were picking blueberries). When Lee called last night, my heart just dropped.
I have SAIL this morning but I will call her as soon as I get home this afternoon. Hopefully, she will have an update by then.
For all of you that don't know Marge...I'm sure she had a few minutes of disappointment with this setback. But I'm also sure it didn't last long!!! She will just consider it one more hurdle she needs to jump to get back to some semblance of normal, ie: quilting.
Continued prayers for her and her family in this time of need.
Prayers going out for Marge for a speedy mend.
Quilting My Rainbow