Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:07 AM

We took Sissy to the vet today. She had multiple problems and her little body was shutting down. She is now at Rainbow Bridge with Annabelle and all our other fur babies from the past. I gave her messages for them all. I also thanked her for rescuing me. I'm okay. The decision was made when the doc said it would be like a 95 year old woman. At that age, I certainly would not want a lot of procedures to keep me alive. I was with her until the end and, while sad, it was expected and not the shock to my heart that Annabelle was.

I want to thank all the Smoky Mountain Mamas for making Sissy's week at the retreat such a joy for her. I want to especially thank Kathy for allowing Sissy to sleep with us. It was funny...we both would reach over to rub her tummy during the night, often at the same time. We ended up petting one another sometimes. Also, thanks to Nana who, if she had her way, would not have allowed Sissy's feet to touch the ground. And thanks to Sara for allowing Sissy to come. I know the Lodge has a no pets rule but, because of Sissy's health challenges, she allowed her to come. In fact, when I called to ask about it, all I had to say was "Sissy..." and she said "Bring her". 

Sissy is running and playing with Annabelle at Rainbow Bridge. I'll see them all before too much time passes. I know there must be pets in Heaven or it wouldn't be Heaven, now would it? 

• | Post Points: 140
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Mary, I'm sorry for your loss. I am sure you are going to miss sissy very much.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:34 AM

Mary, so happy for Sissy, so sad for you. My heart sings for her renewed health and joy at being able, once again, to run and play. Such a blessing.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:35 AM

So sorry for your loss, Mary.  Our pets are such a big part of our family.  I know I've loved my dogs as much as my children and their loss is felt deep in my heart.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:46 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, Mary.  It's so hard to let go but we all know when the time comes it's always the right thing to do.  The void that's created when a pet passes on is so vast and empty.  In time another will come along to somewhat fill the hole, but there is always a piece of our own hearts that goes with the pet.  It's a forever *** that will spring tears in future days without knowing why, or even laughter and smiles remembering all the fun you had together.  When we love our pets it's the unconditional love that can only be felt between pet and their people.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:50 AM

How weird I used the word aprick and the system automatically put astericks in.   I put the a in front this time hoping the system doesn't censor it again so you could see I didn't write a bad word there.  

I meant it like pinprick not in the bad word kind of meaning.  Sorry about that.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:51 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss, Mary.  Sissy was such a little sweetheart.  I'm so glad that she came to the retreat.  She was so devoted to you.   And although hard for you, she is so enjoying her time with Annabelle and the rest of all our fur babies over the Rainbow Bridge.  T&P for you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:34 PM

Mary, I was sorry to hear of the loss of your little Sissy!  She looks to be such an adorable dog!  I'm glad she'll be able to carry messages to Annabelle from you!  Sending a big <<<HUG>>> your way!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:54 PM

Mary,

Im so sorry for your loss.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:57 PM

Mary so sorry for your loss.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:58 PM

Mary, I am both happy and sad for you at Sissy's passing over the rainbow bridge.  May you always have good memories of her as I know you gave her good memories too.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 1:53 PM

Mary, So sorry about Sissy, but she is running and jumping and having fun.  She was great to have as our mascot. Hugs from all the Mamas

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 2:19 PM

Oh, Mary, I am so sorry for your loss!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 694
Points 11,920
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:08 PM

Mary,

I have had to say good bye to two of my dogs now, it's never easy and I know they leave a heart print on you forever. My last one I put down it hurt me so much, but two days later I went out and got another puppy. I had nothing to do with him for two weeks, but now he is such a blessing.

I am sorry for your loss,  you both blessed each other so much.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:30 PM

So sorry Mary.  Those bundles of unconditional love are so missed when they pass on. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use