Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys Posted: Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:06 AM

I joined this site many moons ago - and then life got busy. It was when we were building our home and had internet and no TV. As a lark, yesterday, I logged in to see if my password still worked - AND it did!  TADA! Since retirement into the woods of Northern New England, I have become an avid quilter. I still have lots to learn but love piecing and quilting on my midarm. I am going to attempt (lol) to stay as active here as on the other boards to which I belong.

Look forward to getting to know everyone. Happy Quilting

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:17 AM

Well, welcome eparys...hope you come back often now that you have retired and found us again.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:42 PM

Welcome Eparys!  I hope you'll visit us often because we are a friendly bunch and love to talk quilting (among other things!).  A word of caution...  Don't give up on us if you run into any technical problems with the website.  QCA is having issues with server problems and spammer invasions.  We are all hoping they get it all solved soon because this has become a major social outlet for a lot of us.

As you are exploring the site, don't miss the Groups (look towards the right on the red menu bar).  There are a lot of fun projects going on there.  You can view all the groups, but you'll have to join (just a button push) in order to post to any of the discussions.

I'm a recent retiree, too, who built a new home in the woods of north central Minnesota.  How are the bugs in your woods?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:54 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Nancy - Yes we DO have bugs - we have a "special season" here that we refer to a Black Fly season and of course we have "massive" mosquitoes all summer that absolutely love me -lol. Thanks for the tip on the groups - the organization of this forum is nothing like the others I belong to and am just trying to see where things are.

Betty 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome Eparys - You will love it here. I am on here at least once a day. Mosquitoes love me too. I think it's because I am so sweet. HeeHee

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:40 PM

Welcome Eparys.  this is a great group, glad you are joining us.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:47 PM

Welcome back what kind of midarm do you have?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 12:35 AM

Hi, pearls, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 12:36 AM

Hi, eparys, welcome to the ggroups prey about the pearls, that's my ipad, hard at working ruining all my good spelling.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 12:39 AM

Good grief, I think my ipad needs to go to bed.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 6:58 AM

Gini - Isn't technology great!! When I use my tablet - I now use a stylus - so much easier to "type" with and the screen stays clear of finger prints (lol) . 

Is2116 - I have a Voyager 17 on a Hintenberg frame. It is a great starter - I have had it about 3 years now. and have many several quilts on it now. I do extremely well on the meandering and a few other all over patterns but am trying to expand my free motion patterns. Although it does have a Panto shelf, I have not yet done a Panto.

Thanks again for the welcome. Is there a section where you can show off finished projects? I saw general discussions, quilt tips, and the like but no place for finished projects.

Betty 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 7:12 AM

On your home page, there should be a link to "My Gallery."  You can post a picture and a description (I always appreciate when people include the pattern name & designer).  Your project will then be visible to all of us in the "Show & Tell Gallery."  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 9:20 AM

Welcome to the club, hope you will enjoy your time with us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Welcome eparys

[Ava, Missouri

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use