Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia Posted: Wed, Jul 3 2013 3:13 PM

I wanted to share with you all my recent finds from ebay.

This one is perfect for me because red and yellow are the New Mexico state colors.  I plan to quilt our flag symbal in the blank squares and then quilt in the ditch around some of the star centers. 

Then I got this older 1930-1940's piece that just called out to me for some reason:

I have learned the common name for this is Rolling Star.  I also found this backing fabric today to go along with it:

Now if I could just quit my job and begin sewing full time I might actually get to work on these in the next 5 years.  It's not like I don't already have a full plate.  This is what I have lined up:

Crazy Rainbow rows - current project

Navajo block of the month - hope to run concurrently with whatever project is current - just haven't started it yet.  For mom-in-law eventually

Necktie quilt

Cathedral Window

Granny's fan quilt top for my brother

So, perhaps several years from now I will actually get to work on these.  But just as with fabric at the store, I couldn't pass these up - it's just fabric stash that's already sewed together, right?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,713
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 5:19 PM

Jenia, great finds!  I love Rolling Star! I love your way of thinking "it's just fabric stash that's already sewn together."  You are absolutely right!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 5:43 PM

Ashley brought one to machine quilt that she got on Ebay for $50. It was a beautiful applique quilt. And she is just doing beautiful quilting around the applique.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 693
Points 11,885
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:21 PM

I recently bought a Hawaiian quilt that needed to be put together, for $50.00. I bought it for a friend that has been wanting one for a long time. She was so thrilled about it and said that she will hand stitch it all. 

I started looking at by credit card statement and I think I need to be happy with what I have, not buy anymore fabric. I have enough projects to keep me very busy for several years ....lol.   

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:06 AM

Jenia

I love the Rolling Star top.  Gorgeous pattern.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420

Great ebay buys Jenia.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use