Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B Posted: Tue, Jul 2 2013 1:26 PM

When you are cutting with your rotary cutter, tighten your abdominal muscles and hold while you make your cut, then release.  Every time you make a cut, tighten your ab's, then release.  THERE YOU GO!!!  You have a built in AB WORKOUT while Rotary Cutting!

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 155
Cindy replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 1:32 PM

I have always laughed that my belly comes in handy when I'm cutting....I use it to hold the fabric from sliding down the table!!!! Maybe I need to rethink this!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 1,025
Jereena replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:13 PM

It's a good idea, by the time you are done cutting you'll also have a flat or reduced tummy. I'll have to remember to do this. Thanks

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 10:27 AM

I have an ironing workout, too. Leave your ironing board set up across the room so you have to GET UP and walk over to it. Better then having it an level right next to sewing machine so you just turn and iron. I get a cramp in my left elbow, in  the arm holding down the fabric, cutting fabric.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 10:36 AM

Sukochi:

I have an ironing workout, too. Leave your ironing board set up across the room so you have to GET UP and walk over to it. Better then having it an level right next to sewing machine so you just turn and iron. I get a cramp in my left elbow, in  the arm holding down the fabric, cutting fabric.

Great idea Sukochi!  I used to do something similar when I was still working in an office.  I always was happy to have the desk furthest from the copy machine.  That way I had to get up from my desk and walk every once in awhile...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 2:29 PM

My ironing board is in another room away from my sewing machines...that way I have to get up to press the pieces.  I'm getting my exercise that way, too, Sukochi.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496

Mom was always reminding me to suck in my stomach and throw back my shoulders.  I had a really flat tummy after four kids until I hit my mid fifties.  Now I find I'm lazy about doing those things.  So imagine my surprise when after cutting out the pieces for a queen quilt my tummy muscles were sore.  Mom must have been riding on my shoulder.   LOL  Love it!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 2:59 PM

Snowbird Quilter:
I had a really flat tummy after four kids until I hit my mid fifties.  

Me too!  

But not anymore...I really have to work for it now...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use