Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 750
Jacqueline Boswell Posted: Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:41 PM

I joined the club back in 2010, I am just now trying to learned how to communicate. I can't say I am a newbie cause I have been reading and enjoying for a while. I am a self taught quilter and think I know the basics. It seems that everyone here is either brand new or pretty good at quilting but I am sure I can wiggle my way in some place! You ladies have proven to be a lively bunch, my kind of people!

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:07 PM

Hi Jacqueline,  so happy you decided to jump in  all the chatter that goes on, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 10:03 PM

Welcome Jacqueline...I'm just a practiced beginner.  I was self-taught until I came onto this site, and I've learned so much that I'm finally getting brave enough to try some more advanced quilts.  This is a great group.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 750

Thank you Karla and Leslie! It took me some time to start a really advanced quilt but I have started one and posted it here in my gallery I still have about 1/5 of it to go but it's gonna be a nice one. By the way how do I get a cool signature like you and Leslie?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:04 PM

Hi Jacqueline!  I looked at your quilt in your gallery.  It is truly lovely!  Which method of applique are you using?  How much more do you have to add?  Will you do the finish quilting yourself?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:16 PM

Hi Jacqueline.  This is a great place regardless of skill.  We all learn from each other.  Glad you will be joining us in the discussions.

Arizona is a nice state.  Any good retreat places?  We have a couple  retreats coming up this month and we all enjoy the posts on the retreats.  Maybe you can join us for one someday.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 750

Hi MNnancy, I am not appliqueing it is all pieced. I still have to add the lattice to each side and lace to the top and bottom I'd guess about 1/5 to go maybe less. I am going to free motion quilt it! Wish me luck this will be my first attempt but I have been practicing and feel pretty confident I can complete this project.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 750

Hi to you also Patty! Yes Arizona is really a beautiful state. Northern Arizona does not even look like it belongs to the southern area. Sedona, Arizona is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It would be a great place for a retreat! I have never been on a quilting retreat but would love to experience one. One day though!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 8:58 AM

Jacqueline , glad  to have you joining us in chatting, as you stated we are a lively group ,you should meet us  for a live chat, it is usually nonstop chatter.LOL  Hope you will come and talk with us often and have fun.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 7,345
Julienne replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:44 AM

Hi Jacqueline, Glad you jumped in. I am sure you will enjoy the group and all the chatter. I have family in Tucson, small world.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:14 AM

Hi Jacqueline, welcome to the group.  You'll better watch this gang, before you know it they'll have you organizing a retreat for us on Arizona.   Happy to have you in the group.  Do you live near Sedona?  I agree it is a beautiful town.  There is also a cool little town built on steep hillsides somewhere near there.  I would love to go back there and explore when I have more time.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 750

Ladies, you have truly made me feel welcome! Gini, I live about a 4 hour drive from Sedona which I can drive standing on my head. I think you may be referring to Jerome, Arizona built on the hillside. I live about a 45 min. drive from the Mexican border. The politics of our state gag me :-) but I love the weather! Very hot but you learn to adjust. I moved here from the Midwest (Illinois) and absolutely hate snow! This is gonna be a blast being here and just thinking about it makes me smile.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 1:43 PM

Yes, it is Jerome.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Welcome Jacqueline  -- Just looked at your quilt in your gallery.  Holy cow that's a neat sewing room, and a serger I see.  Beautiful quilt by the way.  

Enjoy this bunch.  

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome Jacqueline,

My great niece's name is Jacqueline. I won't forget your name. You will love it here. I have learned a lot on this site. You cannot, not learn from all these wonderful people on this site. I also am self taught. I haven't been on a retreat either, but would love to one day.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use