Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 745
Sew cat Posted: Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:19 PM

I am also new to this site and still slow in finding my way around it. I can't send a lot of PM because my phone won't send them and I do not have a computer. I have joined the pillowcase swap and secret Santa and am very excited about that! I'm reading everyone's discussions and am thrilled to be a part of this group. 

I've only been sewing a few years and still feel like a beginner but I so enjoy it. I really like getting together with gals from church and have a sew day. I've been single way too many years, moved from NC for family but even after 5 years I miss NC as its slow making new sewing friends. 

I went to my first Babylock retreat in May in St Louis, Eleanor Burns was there too. It was fun, fast and exhausting since I couldn't sleep for days. Ha I love retreats, the next one I'm going to is in October in Jefferson City at a lovely hotel with a pool! It's from the Missouri State Quilters Guild. I hope I sleep this time. 

I have 2 sweet indoor cats, I now work part time as a cashier. My past life consisted of being a legal secretary, insurance, and the medical field - all stressful. That's over. I love to read, cook, water aerobics and SEW. 

My best to all, Carol R

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:29 PM

hi carol, welcome to the group.   my DH and i spend a bit of time in branson, not so far from you.  me's there more than i am, but i think i'm due to go with him next month.  there's some group he wants to see, so we're timing our trip for then.   this is a great place to hang out, i hope you enjoy your time here

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:51 PM

Hi Carol, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:26 AM

Welcome Carol,    We are a fun bunch and enjoy sharing our love of quilting.  

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Welcome Carol R

I too live in MO in the Kansas City area, Raytown to be exact.  Glad you are with us!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:23 AM

Well, Carol, you'll definitely need to join us the next time we have a QCA quilt retreat in Branson.  So much fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:37 AM

Hi Carol and welcome!  Nice to have you join this site, you will have a great time here with a great bunch of people.  I hesitate to say girls because I know we have a few guys who belong but haven't heard from them in awhile.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 477
Points 7,620

Welcome Carol. I too am from MO. I live in the Jefferson City Area. I do spend time in Branson when I want to get away as we have a family house there for my parents and sisters and their families to use for quick get a ways instead of "real" vacations.   Not sure where you hail from in MO. But it would be nice to meet you.

Julienne - Mid Mo

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 477
Points 7,620

gini:

hi carol, welcome to the group.   my DH and i spend a bit of time in branson, not so far from you.  me's there more than i am, but i think i'm due to go with him next month.  there's some group he wants to see, so we're timing our trip for then.   this is a great place to hang out, i hope you enjoy your time here

Gini, I did not know you spend time in Branson.   Have a house there to summer in. Let me know and we can get together if our schedules matched up.

Julienne - Mid Mo

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 3:42 PM

HI Carol.  welcome to the group. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 4:07 PM

Carol

Welcome to the group.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.   It would be awesome if you could join one of our retreats.   We have so much fun and it feels like visiting with old friends and family.    Check out the QCA Retreats thread for all the retreats we are having or have had over the past year.   I know there will be more in the future.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 745
Sew cat replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 9:42 PM

It would be great to plan a sewing visit with you! I usually work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday ( of course I'm working this weekend) but being part time they are very accommodating to my requests off. Branson is about 2 hours or so from me. Maybe the next time your there let me know. Question: what does DD mean? I'm not up on all these abbreviations. :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 477
Points 7,620

Carol:

It would be great to plan a sewing visit with you! I usually work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday ( of course I'm working this weekend) but being part time they are very accommodating to my requests off. Branson is about 2 hours or so from me. Maybe the next time your there let me know. Question: what does DD mean? I'm not up on all these abbreviations. :)

That would be my daughter.

Julienne - Mid Mo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 12:17 AM

Julienne:
Gini, I did not know you spend time in Branson.   Have a house there to summer in. Let me know and we can get together if our schedules matched up.

i'm in branson every two or three months.  i'll let you know when i'm there next. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 8:24 AM

Carol, welcome to the club. There are a lot of us here in Mo . I'm sure you will meet a lot of us as you meet members here .  Gee we could have a retreat with just the Mo  Members ..LOL  Gini ,we will make you a part-time  resident .LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use