Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 285
Barb Hantman Posted: Thu, Jun 6 2013 6:41 PM

Hi, my name is Barb and as my "handle" says, I am new to quilting.  I hope I'm not over my head in this forum.

I live in St. Louis, Mo and am retired.  I have a DH and 2 wonderful dogs and one African Grey parrot.  I used to live in Evansville, IN and loved it.  Hated to return to St. Louis but I have 3 kids, 8 grandkids and 4 Great grandsons, (one set of twins).

I look forward to all I can learn in this foruml

• | Post Points: 155
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 711
Points 13,885

Welcome, Barb! You aren't over your head here, there are all levels of quilt knowledge participating. Besides, you're among friends! You'll love it here. Whatever you make, please post photos, OK?

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hi Barb, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:24 PM

Welcome Barb.  No one is over their head here.  we all start somewhere and some of us are still at the gate.

I love African Grey parrots.   My in-laws had one.  After my mother-in-law passed away, it went to a new home.  My FIL traveled a lot and it would not have been fair to Shadow.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:24 PM

new2quilts:
  I hope I'm not over my head in this forum.
                               Welcome, Barb! You are not over your head here. There are lots of newbies on this site besides we love to share our knowledge so ask any questions you may have and someone will give or find an answer for you. there are lots of quilt groups you may want to join. Look around and see what its all about.  I have only been quilting 3 years myself and still consider myself a newbie. So much to learn and it never stops. Also we have another Barbara that lives in Missouri and she is also from Indiana. Im sure you will meet her. She is one of our favorites, here. Glad you are here and look forward to chatting with you.                        Susan, North, Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:33 PM

Welcome Barb.  This is a great group and I'm sure you'll love it here.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,408
Marie replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:51 PM

Hi Barb and welcome.  You've come to the eight place, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,904
gini replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:19 PM

Barb, welcome to the gang.  This is the perfect place to get lots of help with your quilting.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Hi Barb and welcome. I consider myself a newbie still. You will love it here. Hope to see some pictures of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 8:31 AM

Barb , welcome to the club. you  will meet all levels of quilters here and we welcome all of you . never hesitate to ask questions someone will be able to help out. its how many of us here learned . myself included . There are a lot of us MO gals here , So I hope you will enjoy your time with us . Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,110

Hi Barb, You will love it here and like it was said there are alot of us MO gals here and we love to have fun. Enjoy!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 240
Kathy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:51 AM

Hi Barb,

I also am a 'newbie' to this forum and also to quilting.  I haven't really figured it out yet, other than to respond to posts like this, so can't offer much help at this point.  But everyone seems very nice and willing to help, so I am sure you will do fine.

Welcome!

cairnmom - Kathy

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 285

Thanks, Carol

For the welcome and the encouragement.

Barb

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 285

Hi Julienne,

Thanks so much for the welcome, where is MO are you?

Barb

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 285

HI Kathy,

Thanks for the welcome and I'm beginning to get a lot of encouragement from this board

Barb

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use