Hi from Indiana!

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:06 PM

I have several classes from craftsy too.   I keep adding though I still have not even started half.    The ones I have started are good.   Only one I did not care for and the instructor was just way to chatty about things other than instruction.    Most of the classes are great and it is nice to have them forever.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 4:33 AM

Welcome Cindy.  This is a great place to learn and get support.  And ask questions.  You will get lots of answers. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 425
CindyA replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:16 PM

Barbara:

Cindy welcome to the club,  I use to live in Indiana ,and I do remember Danners we had one in the town I grew up in. It use to be the place to go for sewing stuff. " back in the olden days " LOL    Barbara

Oh how I remember going to Danner's, Murphy's, and Woolworth's with my mom! It sure brought up a flood of memories when I found those blocks from Danner's!! All good ones, too.  :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 425
CindyA replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:33 PM

Barbara:

Cindy another great place to take some classes online is with Craftsy , there are many of us here that take classes from them  When you buy the class you have it for life and can go to it as many times as you want. Its like having a private tutor .. I have myself about 10 of there classes , there is only one I don't care for but it does have its good points .. Anyway just try and use all your online help you can get ,there is a ton of it out here. Barbara

I've signed up for several classes on Craftsy...just haven't started many of them yet. A broken shoulder kept me from doing much of anything for a while, but I'm back in the saddle and ready to jump in!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:38 PM

Cindy

OUCH.... how did you break your shoulder.   Hope all is well now.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 425
CindyA replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:41 AM

This is the block that I did in the Joann's Quilting 101 class. I still don't know the name of it, tho.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 11:28 AM

I'm still not good at the name of these traditional blocks, but I think it's a churn dash or something like that.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 12:14 PM

Cindy,  your block turned out very nice!  Great points!  (That's a compliment most beginners love to hear!)

It's fun to hear from so many others that they, too, keep buying Craftsy classes without even starting most of them.  LOL  I thought I was the only one silly enough to do that!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 425
CindyA replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:43 PM

Nana:

Cindy

OUCH.... how did you break your shoulder.   Hope all is well now.

Something woke me up from a sound sleep and I jumped out of bed, took a couple of steps, and I think I tripped over my own feet. LOL I have most of the use of my arm...the only thing I can't do is put my arm behind my back like to scratch an itch .  :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 425
CindyA replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:44 PM

Karla:

I'm still not good at the name of these traditional blocks, but I think it's a churn dash or something like that.

That's the name of one I just found a few minutes ago, but I wasn't quite sure.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:52 PM

Cindy what an awful thing to have happen <I keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 425
CindyA replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:52 PM

MNnancy:

Cindy,  your block turned out very nice!  Great points!  (That's a compliment most beginners love to hear!)

It's fun to hear from so many others that they, too, keep buying Craftsy classes without even starting most of them.  LOL  I thought I was the only one silly enough to do that!

Thank you for the compliment!! Before we started cutting and sewing, the instructor made everything sound so easy, but I was still leery. Boy was I wrong! I'm just amazed that so many of the beautiful quilts that I've seen lately look so complicated until you get up close and take a good long look.

Last night, I did start watching some of the videos from the beginning quilt class on Craftsy. Now to gather up the required supplies. I may just give myself a little extra work and use up some of the material that my mom had before buying much more. I know it would be a lot easier to buy the charm packs or layer cakes, but mom had a ton of material for quilting, and I think that one made from what's here would have a lot of meaning for me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:57 PM

Cindy good job on the block ,Its a churn dash by the way and can be used for so many different patterns  you just can't even imagine ..  Take care and get some of those dollar back scratchers at the dollar store ,I must have one in every room I have in my house ..LOL the nice wooden ones .  It 'll get those pesky  spots on your back ..LOL .. Ok gotta go I'm off to a Over 30 single conference and dinner for church ,, My first  LOL have no idea what to expect  .. but at least some good food ..  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,567
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 12:57 AM

Welcome Cindy.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 68
Points 685

Hi Cindy, I am going to be in Indianapolis the last two weeks of June and was looking for some quilt shops close to the convention center. Would you have any suggestions? 

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use