Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 60 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:54 PM | Locked

I did finally make it to the LQS after 3 trips to the auto parts store.  My grandson is 14-1/2 (please don't leave off the 1/2) and his aunt gave him an old 4-wheel drive pickup.  He and my DH have been working on it and finally got it running today, hence all the trips to the auto parts.

Anyway, I have started the jewel box quilt and think I'm going to really like all of the bright colors...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,296
Points 26,610
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 4:35 PM | Locked

Cindy:

Elizabeth the quilt is beautiful. How did you quilt it, long-arm, machine or hand?

Thank You, the main body I did on my long are with the Bubbles groovy board and the border was a stencil I did on my Bernina.  The hearts were done in a pale pink and the body done in white

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,296
Points 26,610
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 4:37 PM | Locked

thanks all of you who made such nice comments on the baby quilt.  The label was done in my DMIL words.   After EVERY visit with the birth mom  the social workers are always notified of every problem, however it seems to fall on deaf ears.  The whole story is so sad.  

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 8:00 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, your Quilt and its message is beautiful. I add my prayers in the hope that she will remember deep inside how much she was love from birth and will be loved forever by her adoptive family. My sister had the joy of adopting a new born boy. Their world would have been shattered if something like that would have happened. If I remember correctly, the birth mother had up to one year to change her mind. That was a very tense period.

Karla your DGS was so thoughtful to ask you to make the purse and wanting to pay you for it.

Elizabeth and Michelle as well as everyone I'm missing (so sorry) I love the quilts, the coffee cups, the card tricks the cheddar and blues wow it was all great.

i just came back from being the caregiver for Mom and Dad for almost three weeks. I didn't get on QCA much and of course I didn't quilt. But now I'm back and I hope to do some this week. I'm sad that I'm far from family, but happy to be back in my things...with my sewing machines... :-)

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 9:40 PM | Locked

I am catching up on this forum, and I am seeing some beautiful quilts. Love the Jo Morton quilt. She is one of my faves. Judy, your quilt is gorgeous as usual. The baby quilt is sweet, and such a sad story. My baby brother and wife just adopted five kids whose parents had their parental rights severed. Ages three thru ten. What a handful. Most of them have been in and out of foster care their whole lives. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 11:34 PM | Locked

I finished the top for a flannel baby quilt for a friend of my DD only to find that I did not have enough backing fabric, ugh, ugu, Oh well off to Joanns this week.

I started my DHs Christmas quilt that he was suppose to get last year. With 5 months to go I should have it done this year. It really is a easy and fun quilt to make I hope he is pleased with it. He picked out all the fabric so Im sure he will be. I have a couple others to make for Christmas so this will get me in the spirit  to get going on all of them. Christmas in July!!!  It seems like we have so much time looking ahead but it sure flies by.  Good night all!  Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 11:49 PM | Locked

Yesterday I finished up a couple of projects that I brought to the Smoky Mountain retreat.   The pillows I started the first night I was there and couldn't sleep.  I ended up deconstructing the first version, adding some more colors and making a second.

This is how it started out...   

And here's how they ended up!

I also finished up my DWR wall hanging (34" x 34")  for my eldest ex-step daughter.  I started piecing it well over a year and a half ago and I assembled the pieces at the retreat then finished it up yesterday.

Today I sewed the top to another table runner for the set I started at the retreat but ran out of steam ... took a nap then watched tv.

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,524
gini replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 1:21 AM | Locked

veru nice debbie.   i really like your colors

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,524
gini replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 1:26 AM | Locked

as if i didn't have enough going on,  i put my back out taking a casserole out of the oven.   i look like my great uncle orville, all hunched over.  i lose several inches everytime my back goes out, inchesi can't afford to lose.   doggone.   i was too sore to drive to the store to find some IBU, and the aleve doesn't work as well.   hopefully i will be able to walk upright in the morning.   crud, i forgot i have to take my car into the shop tomorrow.  somebody ran into it somewhere,  the front end is all banged up.   i guess i will be walking home tomorrow from the shop, that ought to be fun. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 110
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,527
Points 31,070
Diana replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 6:28 AM | Locked

Ouch, Gini. Hope you feel better soon.  I know how painful that is.  Soft hugs for you.

Debbie, I love the new pillows. Nicer with more colors.  Love your other projects too.

I've been here at our Nana' s house for the last few days and she's teaching me to free motion quilt.  I brought along a baby quilt that was all sandwiched and ready to go.  I got some practice on some muslin sandwiches and then went for it.  It does look pretty good for the first try.  I will post pictures when it's finished.  I head back to Tennessee later this morning so I can get a day of rest before taking DH to VA for his last chemo treatment.  

Love seeing everyone's projects.  

Diana in East TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:11 AM | Locked

Oh Gini,  I feel for you with the back going out and losing inches..  I can relate.  Get yourself a massage, I think it would help.   Have the garage give you a ride home, usually they will do that if you ask and they have someone available.   Hope you feel better this morning when you get up.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

Debbie, pillows turned out SO great. Love em. You do good work, girl!

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,395
Julienne replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Debbie, I love the pillows and the wall hanging. The are very pretty. I also love the color choice...the blue would go great in my house LOL. Sounds like you had as much sleep as I did....you were just more productive.  GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:31 AM | Locked

Boy, you have been busy, Debbie-do.  I like the additional colors that you added to your pillows.  They turned out really nice.  Love the wall hanging you made for your ?ex step daughter.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,538
Marie replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:40 AM | Locked

You're on a roll Debbie, see what a retreat can do for you!  Beautiful pillows and wall hanging, nice work!

Millbury, MA

Page 60 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use