Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 52 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:55 AM | Locked

Angele:
Ok ladies here is my mom with her crazy quilt my sister and I helped her finish.  We just had to tie it and bind it.  Mom sewed it when she was 88-89. She

Angele - love the picture of your mom with her crazy quilt.  I sure hope I am still quilting when I am her age.  Bless her heart!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:58 AM | Locked

Julienne:
Hi all, I am back. Not 100% yet. Seems to have been a stroke. Will find out the rest on Monday. Seem Doctors can take off holiday's and not bother to tell you what all is wrong with you but can send send you home to finish recovery as you start to get better. Plus they are waiting to finish reading all the dang test they took while i was in there. I think there was a vampire that kept coming to visit as they took 10 tubes of blood. Goodness sake..they could not share some of that with the different tests..the tubes were big enough.

Julienne - so sorry to hear of your health problems.  I hope you receive some positive reports on Monday and that you will be back to normal and raring to go.  Take care!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:59 AM | Locked

Angele, beautiful quilt, beautiful mom!  

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:02 PM | Locked

Thank you ladies for the comments on my July Flag mini.  I feel very happy when I just look at it and it will be nice for the next month.

Finished layering the last three mini's last night so I will be doing machine applique on them, get them bound and HURRAY, that project will be all done.

There were two of the twelve kits that had no backing, and 2 that had no button packs for embelishing the finished mini's.  I sent an email to the quilt shop this morning complaining.  You pay a pretty penny for these kits and the least they can do is make sure they are complete.

Have a great day all.  Off to the sewing room I go!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

Marsha, what awesome quilts you made!  Grandson and Grandnephew will cherish them.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:06 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, gorgeous, gorgeous spring quilt!  I'll send you my addy in case you ever tire of it.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:07 PM | Locked

Roxana, neat table runner, good job!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:23 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, I love that quilt. The colors are just so soft and pretty.

Marge, OMG!! I am totally stunned by your quilts. What beauties. Those boys will be blown away. If for some odd reason, they are not, I am sure I would be able to find a place for them here. Oh, heck, you bet I could!1

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,050
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:34 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, your quilt is very pretty.  It would fit on my bed just right.  Love the soft spring colors.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 1:24 PM | Locked

Marge P:
I love Attic Window quilts and these are extra special.  

Thanks, Marge, 

I have named these quilts The Hunter's I Spy.  I believe I ended up with 28 different fabrics just for the windows (2 are different eagles fabrics - had to include them as a patriotic note, not "prey").  I don't think more than 2 are identical in each quilt.  A few had a 6 inch repeat, so it was difficult to get different views on them.  Others only allowed me 4 squares because of placement of the animals.  Most fabrics were fat quarters.  I don't want to add up the costs (most fat quarters of the Backyard Bandits cost $3.50 each!), but I know it is very high for me.  I usually buy sale and bolt end fabrics.  These were mostly full price.  The rust for the attic windows and the black were the only sale fabrics.  The center panels were $8.95 at Walmart.

Now I just have 5 more quilts to go for the grandchildren, not counting the 3 military grandsons (2 next year) and 12 more for grandnieces and nephews, if I decide to make for them also (3 graduate next year).  I might have bitten off more than I can chew!  I am sure they will all expect a quilt, since one is getting one this year!  Only one other grandniece has graduated from highschool and is now in college.  I will probably make a quilt of some type for her when she graduates from college.

I have 2 Mystery quilts made in long twin size, so need to make 3 more for next year!  I have one quilt also made in the same size for our 6 foot 4 inch grandson who has been to Iraq twice.  He was supposed to get it when he came home the second time, but my health didn't allow me to finish it then.  He is now in college and the National Guard.  His is also one of our Mysteries, so it is lurking around somewhere on this site.  

My, I am sure chatty today.  Not being able to get online for over a week does that to me!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,480
Nana replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 3:07 PM | Locked

Marsha

I love the quilts.  What a great way to use a panel.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,480
Nana replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 3:08 PM | Locked

Elizabeth

Your quilt turned out beautifully.  Love the quilting and soft colors.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 4:14 PM | Locked

My 8 year old grandson has hired me to make a purse for his mother's birthday.  He insists he's going to pay me $50.  He picked the fabric, so today I have started making it.  Of course I'm not going to take his $50, but he insists that he must pay for it, so I guess I'll let him give $5.  He says it not fair that I spent my own money for the fabric and everything and since it's from him, he should pay for it.  We picked the fabric online and it arrived yesterday.  His Mom's birthday is on the 20th, but they leave to go and spend 5 weeks with their Dad on the 13th, so I've got to get it done so he can give it to her before he leaves.  He calls me about every hour to see if it's done yet, LOL.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,395
Points 115,515
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

Karla:
He calls me about every hour to see if it's done yet, LOL

Karla:
My 8 year old grandson has hired me to make a purse for his mother's birthday.

That is so sweet Karla. I like that you are allowing him to pay something. It will make him feel so proud.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,395
Points 115,515
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 4:24 PM | Locked

Does anyone have contact info for the following two people. They are signed up for the State Block Swap but haven't responded to my recent attempts to reach them. Tomorrow is the date their blocks are supposed to be in the mail and neither have requested my address. If they need a bit more time that's fine but I'd kind of like to know what their status is. 

Jen (PalaRama) - Colorado

Merry in Minnesota

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 52 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use