Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 49 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:37 PM | Locked

Judy

I know that your quilt will be beautiful when finished.  Just have fun....it still isn't quite to tent size..LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:45 PM | Locked

Nana:

Judy

I know that your quilt will be beautiful when finished.  Just have fun....it still isn't quite to tent size..LOL

Yea, I was thinking of you and your quiltzillas.  I doubt (actually, I KNOW), if I'd ever make one larger than this one. Unfortunately, I have about three more quilts this size. Maybe I'll get to quilting another one next year. It's actually not that I mind doing the quilting. It just takes up time that I'd rather be piecing. I like the lap size, I can quilt one of those in a day.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:21 PM | Locked

Judy

I usually quilt one of my quiltzillas in a day.   Nothing fancy of course.  Just an overall design.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

Nana:

Judy

I usually quilt one of my quiltzillas in a day.   Nothing fancy of course.  Just an overall design.

One day??? Goodness, do you start at 6am and go non-stop? I think you're also using a domestic machine, right? I'm just doing a simple large meander. I don't know, maybe I'll be able to get it done this weekend. I hope so or I'm going to get really bored with it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:56 PM | Locked

Nana:

Judy

Of course, I'd get more done if I wasn't constantly turning around to play on the computer!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:04 PM | Locked

Jiminy cricket, Judy, by nana's reckoning you should have gotten a half dozen quilts quilted while the site was down.  What's wrong with you, girl?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:09 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

I am working on a quilt today.

Holy Moly, Rocky!  (Any Bullewinkle fans?)  That looks like a chore!  FMQ just the lap size ones was enough to send me running with my checkbook to buy a used frame.  I admire you quilters who can manage this.  I have seen some amazing quilting done on domestic machines at quilt shows.  Blows me away!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:09 PM | Locked

gini:

Jiminy cricket, Judy, by nana's reckoning you should have gotten a half dozen quilts quilted while the site was down.  What's wrong with you, girl?

Oh silly me. Opportunity missed! Although I kept poking the computer every 5 minutes to see if the site was up yet. How obsessive its that!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 550
Points 8,685
Joyce replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:23 PM | Locked

Jacey this is a really cute quilt for your daughter.  She will cherish it.  I have a Lone Star quilt my great aunt made for my mom which mom gave to me.  I found pieces of material that my aunt had made dresses for me.  I even have a photo of one of the dresses.  Now that quilt means even more to me than it did.

Joyce

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 3:34 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
I am working on a quilt today. It's a gorgeous day in the Pacific Northwest and we just got back from a walk in the park with our dog. I'm starting on the quilting of one of my huge, 100x100, quilts from last year's fall charm swap. Not sure I'm real happy about the chore ahead of me. I'd much rather be piecing something new.

WOW!  I don't envy you but this will be beautiful when done.  I have a friend in the Okanogan that does gorgeous free hand quilting on her Phaff machine - it has the larger throat and she makes that sucker sing.  Never figured out how she does it so well except I know her machine is on a square table that is in a corner so that help alot with weight problem on large quilts.

Keep at it and it will be done!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 3:36 AM | Locked

Great picture Jacy, of your daughter and great job on the photo done by NancyMn - what a treasure!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 3:44 AM | Locked

Hopefully this won't post twice as I think the first one went into cyber land.  I got all the fabrics for the last 3 mini's ready to fuse the applique shapes which I hope I can do tomorrow.  I will post my July Mini that is this year's version.  The other one I have to do was a beach chair and umbrella on the sand and I much prefer the Red, White and Blue.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 6:24 AM | Locked

Judy, looks like a great quilt. It will be worth it!  Just think how much fun it is to have one finished - you're almost there. :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

MargeP,  Wonderful mini flag quilt. It really looks like it's waving in the breeze.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,673
Points 65,760
Bonita replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:34 AM | Locked

Marge P, cute quilt. I can almost feel the breeze.

Page 49 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use