Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #8

Page 42 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,609
Points 27,095
Debbie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:10 AM | Locked

has anyone ever used one of these?  are they worth the $$?  

Mainly the frame?   and I am so new to this, how limited would you be to size on these?  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,946
Points 125,445
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:59 AM | Locked

Agnes, beautiful floral quilt and the back is wonderful!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,946
Points 125,445
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:01 AM | Locked

Debbie, what is the name of the frame or a link to where we can see it on the web?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

Debbie, the quilting width is limited to the throat space your machine has

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:32 AM | Locked

Agnes you summer quilt is great. Do you put anything in the middle? I've heard some put flannel.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 11:07 AM | Locked

Agnes, beautiful quilt, love those florals!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 11:12 AM | Locked

weezee56:

Agnes you summer quilt is great. Do you put anything in the middle? I've heard some put flannel.

I used nothing in the middle so technically this isn't a quilt but to me it is. I am naturally hot blooded, except for my feet,, so I opted out of using even flannel. I currently am planning a smaller lap throw size, again as a summer quilt.

Marie, Weezee, Judy T, Elizabeth and Karla---Thanks for all the kind comments. I love floral so guess what,. The summer lap throw will have at least one floral print in it.. Can't wait to get it started but first I have to clean up some of the messes I've created with the big furniture shuffle and finish the charity quilt top that is at the sewing machine right now.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,902
Points 69,325
Bonita replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 11:13 AM | Locked

Love your summer flower quilt Agnes. I'm making one for DGD, how did you quilt the back to the front?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 760
Valerie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 12:57 PM | Locked

Absolutly amazing. this is such a nice quilt. I could only dream of quilting that well. You should be very proud of this quilt.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,370
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 12:59 PM | Locked

Debbie:

has anyone ever used one of these?  are they worth the $?  

Mainly the frame?   and I am so new to this, how limited would you be to size on these?  

It is called a Flynn multi frame made by the Flynn Quilt Frame Co. ...I have not used one before but have researched it and the video on their website makes it look like it works great...the reviews for it are really positive. I am thinking of getting one myself so I can teach myself FMQ. The complete kit comes with 48" poles but you can easily extend that to queen size with hardware from HD or Lowes.  I am putting it on my xmas list!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 7:38 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:

AAARGH!  just got to the end of my quilt on the long arm and my backing is 5 inches to short.  First time ever.  Now to add a piece and reload to finish.  This is UFO #6 out of 7 and Spring in my 4 seasons of bed quilts for me

I'm doing the same thing, Elizabeth. Worst part is, I knew better when I was putting my backing together. Just didnt have the right sized pieces and was lazy and hoped it would work. As it is, I'm ok in some places and a couple inches short in others. Mine is a pieced back and I'll have to just patch it before I can quilt anymore. I've already finished quilting the center and am putting off doing that for a bit. :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,609
Points 27,095
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:06 AM | Locked

not sure where else to ask questions but here's something else I saw on Pininterest and wondered if anyone has used?                    

You need to try these Little Genie Magic Bobbin Washers.

These small Teflon washers sit inside your bobbin case and help your bobbin thread glide smoothly and evenly while you quilt.

This completely eliminates backlash and bird's nests on the back of your quilt.

The Magic Bobbin Washers are very easy to use. Just drop a washer into your bobbin case and replace the bobbin and insert it into your machine  just like normal. One washer can easily last over a year, and each pack comes with twelve washers--making them perfect to share with friends.

Do they work or is it just a sales pitch?  I mean I know its a sales pitch but are they worth it?  here's the site http://www.daystyledesigns.com/ultimatekit.htm

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:48 AM | Locked

i have wondered the same thing.  wonder if they ould make the bobbin case "too full" ?  i love this board -no one makes fun of anyone for asking for info about anything........karen

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:49 AM | Locked

Idk, Debbie, but I'm tempted to try it.  Sounds a little too good to be true, but who knows?  If you want to try it, but don't want to spend $11, I'd split a pack with you.

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 1:39 PM | Locked

Hi Debbie,  I actually just received these in the mail from Nancy' Notions.   When I was having my last lesson on my new software the teacher mentioned these but she had not tried them yet.    I will be trying one out today so will let you know my results later.    She said they will eliminate the birds nests.    I hope they work.

God Bless,

Sharon

Page 42 of 75 (1114 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use