Page 3 of 75 (1114 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,113 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:06 PM | Locked

Marsha, love this quilt and your border really put the final touch on it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:11 PM | Locked

Marsha I like how your quilt looks and spreading it out on the grass looked beautiful too.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:13 PM | Locked

IS when I looked closely at your block, it looked liked you used a zigzag stitch. Did I see that right? If that is the case that might be the reason why you are not liking it. From here it looks good. Normally, I don't put my feed dogs down but reduce my stitch length to 0. That gives me some control over my stitching. I hope this helps some.  I find circles hard to have perfect every time. They need so much focus.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Thu, May 23 2013 8:15 PM | Locked

Is, are you using the slider under your quilt?  It's much easier to move around with one.  That being said, I think your block looks very nice.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 474
Points 7,545
Julienne replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:36 AM | Locked

Angele:

Julienne your quilt for your DD looks great. I love the music notes.

Thank you Angele for your kind words. She played the Alto Sax most of her life so it was totally her.

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 474
Points 7,545
Julienne replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

Question,

Does anyone know of some companies that  may finish a quilt for you. This is the first time I have had to do this, but I do not have a loom and a long arm yet and do not want to finish this King size quilt by hand. My mid arm won't be able to handle it either.   I normally finish all my own, but I don't normally make King size either.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Julienne - Mid Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Fri, May 24 2013 10:04 AM | Locked

Marie where can i find slider? 

Angele I've been doing straight stitching, but I did lower pressure foot though.  

Thanks for replying Its definitely a different kind of quilt for me doing things that are out of my norm on this one.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Fri, May 24 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

Julienne,  You can check e-bay, if you trust, for long arm quilters.  You can also check some local quilt shops to see if any of them have a long arm.  Some will rent it by the hour after they teach you how to use it.

Good luck.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, May 24 2013 2:30 PM | Locked

ls2116:
Marie where can i find slider? 

Is, I am not Marie, but since she hasn't answered you yet thought I would jump in with an answer for you.

It actually is called a "Supreme Slider".  If you Google "Supreme Slider" you will come up with many sites where it can be purchased...and I have seen them available at some quilt shops.  I have the original size, but if I were going to purchase a new one, I would buy the Queen Size.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, May 24 2013 3:16 PM | Locked

Donna B:
It actually is called a "Supreme Slider".  If you Google "Supreme Slider"

I love love LOVE my large Supreme Slider. It's 11-1/2 x 17. It has made my FMQ just a bit easier. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,760
Debbie-do replied on Fri, May 24 2013 3:33 PM | Locked

When I bought my new Janome, my dealer didn't have the Supreme Slider... they were selling the Sew Slip brand.  After a bit of research I discovered that for about the same prices as the regular Super Slider, I could by a queen sized Sew Slip!  Being the penny pincher that I am, I went for that option and have been very pleased!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, May 24 2013 5:11 PM | Locked

I got up about 5am this morning and finished Lollipop Hill. I don't know why I made a baby quilt. No baby, no grandbabies. Maybe someday a great grandbaby.

This is Lollipop Hill by ReetsRagstoStitches.com

It was fun to make and I got to use fabric from my stash. I pieced the back from leftovers and used one of the bird appliques for the label. I also had fun with the quilting and just let it go wherever I pleased. Now I just have to put it in my gallery.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, May 24 2013 5:20 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
I got up about 5am this morning and finished Lollipop Hill.

Judy, I love, love love this pattern!  And you did a fantastic job with it.  It is just so cute!  

BTW, going anywhere south in the near future?  Wasn't that I-5 bridge crash something!!!  Just glad there were no fatalities, but what a calamity for western Washington and especially right before Memorial Day with all the added traffic.  We can easily bypass that area from here, but it will still add a lot of traffic on Hwy 9, so will definitely slow down our trips to Seattle.  

I also really like my Supreme Slider...I use it all the time...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, May 24 2013 5:30 PM | Locked

Oh, Judy it is just beautiful! I love that pattern. you did a wonderful job on the quilting. Are those Birkenstocks on your feet? Or, are those YOUR feet.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Fri, May 24 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

Judy that quilt is so, so very cute.  I can't believe that you have no one in mind when you made it.  Ginny

Page 3 of 75 (1114 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use