Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 9 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, May 26 2013 8:30 PM | Locked

Diana

I have finished the third row but needed to take a break from the paper piecing.   I just about have half of the patchwork quilt top that I bought all the charm squares for.  It was nice to do some mindless sewing for a while...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, May 26 2013 11:18 PM | Locked

Today was church and a family gathering in the afternoon.  Also picked up 150 feet of chicken wire.  But we are going to use it to keep bunny out.  Bunny gets right through the deer fence.  Put up 50 feet this evening.  Need to get another 50 feet. The sugar snap peas are completely nibbled away.   Think I will make some wire covers for our blueberries, and strawberries.  Chipmunks like those.  I used to sympathize with Chip and Dale, but now I understand why Donald Duck didn't like them.

I did some English paper piecing today.  Good thing to travel with.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 15,770
weezee56 replied on Sun, May 26 2013 11:54 PM | Locked

Want to see if my post will go through.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, May 27 2013 5:39 AM | Locked

Jen, beautiful pics

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, May 27 2013 5:44 AM | Locked

Karla, sounds like my daughters, they volunteer me alot lol, menu sounds wonderful

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, May 27 2013 5:46 AM | Locked

Started putting my greenhouse together yesterday,  very comical site to see, 2 people trying to hold up 4 walls while the same 2 people trying to put the ceiling beam up

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, May 27 2013 8:26 AM | Locked

Leslie,  I can relate to that completely.  We put up a 6 ft greenhouse last spring, but even with 3 of us, it was hilarious, then at the end we couldn't put it up completely right because they had included a wrong joiner.  Like we had 3 for the left side but only 1 for the right side.  It is still standing, but not as bug free, or rather bee free, as it should be.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, May 27 2013 10:08 AM | Locked

Leslie, I'm green with envy!  A greenhouse!  How big will it be?  Glass or plastic? 

I was looking at the big outside dog kennel the other day, the one that Calley has never used because she never leaves our side, and thought I could probably convert that to a greenhouse of sorts if I purchased some heavy clear plastic sheeting and shelves.  It would have limitations because of no heat or venting system, but I could use it to harden off my plants in May.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, May 27 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Hmmmm.... My Brother left some beer bottles to be taken to the recycle center after his last visit. Sprout found them and is having a grand time banging them about. Yaknow, a person could make a really intersting suncatcher/wind chime out of those. Hillbilly chic!

Ok...so It's a holiday and I am enjoying a late start to my day. 'Haven't had sufficient coffee yet to get my brain properly engaged, and it's running off without me.

Dh reported that they had to send a young lady to have her stumach pumped last night. She'd drunk a liter of hand sanitizer (!??) at a party! Thankfully someone called her parents and they acted fast to get help. Hope she's OK.

Dd spent yesterday working on a quilt for her BF. His Mom gave her one of his old baby quilts to rebuild. She got everything cut yesterday and could even have the top pieced today...but her mean ol Momma is about to throw a wrench in the works and force her to clean her room instead. I am in fear of the floor collapsing! And the stench creeping from under her door is making the dog ill...

That said, I had better get busy and set a good example. My floors need mopping and that dang pile of laundry refuses to do itself...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, May 27 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
I was looking at the big outside dog kennel the other day, the one that Calley has never used because she is a stays-at-home dog, and thought I could probably convert that to a greenhouse of sorts

Our old dog kennel is now our garden area.  Keeps the deer out very well.  After today it will keep the bunnies out too.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, May 27 2013 3:21 PM | Locked

What a great way to keep the kritters out of your garden! I've been lucky since we moved here and haven't had a problem. The deer much prefer to graze in the barely field, so the only threats to my veggie patch are a flock of  huns that invade when the mator's are about half ripe. 

At our old house we had deer living on one side of the shed and the garden on the other . They found it very convienent for mid-night munching. Just before hubby fenced them out, we had weaner grizzly cubs wander through and chomp all of my squash and green tomatoes. Those dang bruins even took big bites out of the cabbage and then threw it all up on the walkway... Where I found it with my bare feet the next AM. ~EEEEWwwww!~   (I heard that those cubs are now a star attraction in the Zoo. They took to napping int he city park (which is a no-no) and had to be captured. I wonder if they have notes on their cages to not feed them cabbaga...?)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, May 27 2013 4:03 PM | Locked

Goodness CC.  My animal problems are miniscule compared to yours.  Barefoot in bear barf?  Yuck. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, May 27 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

patti, that has to be the title of a country western song. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, May 27 2013 4:58 PM | Locked

"it was a sweet summer evening in june, and i was walking in bear barf with you..........."

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 0
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, May 27 2013 5:58 PM | Locked

I have a question about sending a PM...when I go to send a PM and click on start conversation to send it, there is no confirmation that it got sent and in my Converstions box on my homepage there is nothing...will it not show up until the other person answers me?

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 35
Page 9 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use