Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 84 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:40 PM | Locked

Donna B:

Luckily, they got the line repaired overnight and we have power again this morning...Yipee!!!  There is no back-up or alternate power-line into this valley and we truly do live in fear of a major fire taking out that whole transmission line...which could mean literally weeks if not months without power.  Can you just imagine???  Unfortunately, there are people that are fighting that back-up line tooth and nail.  It's hard to understand their reasoning, but they are willing to oppose it at all costs.  

Patti, it looks like this didn't effect you.  I see you made a post late yesterday afternoon.  You must be off the Brewster power-line...lucky you!

yes, they were able to reroute our power, so we got it back late afternoon.  I was concerned when I saw the smoke as I was returning from the west side.  The orchards stopped the spread of the fire, although some trees were lost. 

It must have been man caused.  But they have an alert out for lightning storms, getting worse as the evening progresses.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:21 AM | Locked

She is a doll, Bonita and the cake looks yummy too.    Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 479
Points 7,645
Julienne replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

Bonita, 

She is a beauty and look at that curly hair. And look at that cake. Wow. Kids do grow up fast don't they. Very sweet!

Julienne - Mid Mo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

Is...

I'm doing baby quilt with 1 in. logs I call it baby navajo  don't know if name is fitting but its my first attempt at any log cabin and i guess i'm not doing something exactly right because the pieces to be sewn are shorter than the sewn ends of others.

I've found that cutting my pieces slightly longer that called for will make it easier to have a beautiful log cabin.  Also stacking in order to be sewn, will make quick work of each block.   Also helps so you don't get confused on which way and what order your pieces are to be sewn.  I make a copy (template of block  to keep by hand so that I have a quick reference of where I am. 

Baby Navajo...what colors are you using, can't wait to see.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 8:13 AM | Locked

Bonita, your DGD is so beautiful!  Yes, they do grow up too fast.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 8:21 AM | Locked

log cabin blocks look deceptively easy.    Straight lines, what could be so hard about that?  Precision.  If the quarter inch seam is not exactly a quarter inch, strips will end up either too short or too long.  And then sewing them on in the right sequence.   Having a sample one to look at as Joni suggests really helps.  And stacking them in order.  My first attempts were a total mess. 

I think it is easier to start with a block with wider and fewer strips.    More strips mean more seams that can throw the size off.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 8:24 AM | Locked

Patti:
they have an alert out for lightning storms, getting worse as the evening progresses.

Well, the storm has passed, mostly going around us, but fortunately there was some rain with this.  But I won't be surprised if some fires were ignited. 

Oh darn, I hear thunder again, so probably going off line soon.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 9:52 AM | Locked

what a cutie, bonita.  i bet she loved her rainbow cake. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 10:00 AM | Locked

dad must be feeling better, or he is nervous about the surgery,  probably a bit of both.   he painted the door to the root cellar john deer green.   the door is in the house in the breakfast room where everyone enters the house.   doesn't remotely match anything in the house, but it does nicely match the pump house outside the breakfast room windows.   mom is so relieved he is up and doing something and not having her wait on him, she's decided she like the color very much. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 10:10 AM | Locked

Off to the LQS. She decided that she needed to, finally, drop the prices to 50%. Now, we're talkin'!! So excited. Last week she had tons of fabric left. And, if you finish off the bolt you get an additional 5% off. Oh, boy! Best part is, hubs is staying home!! Oh, this is gonna be FUN!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 19,500
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 11:29 AM | Locked

Patti

I hope you are safe through the fires and bad weather.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 19,500
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 11:32 AM | Locked

Sukochi

Have fun shopping, I love 50% or more off. I hate paying full price for anything.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

Patti:

Patti:
they have an alert out for lightning storms, getting worse as the evening progresses.

Well, the storm has passed, mostly going around us, but fortunately there was some rain with this.  But I won't be surprised if some fires were ignited. 

Oh darn, I hear thunder again, so probably going off line soon.

Wow, that was quite a storm!  A few of those claps of thunder actually shook the ground here...they were really, really loud and right on top of us!  We had light showers until about 8 am, but now the sun is out and our poor dog is a LOT happier.  We can't see any smoke from here.  Believe me, we will all be keeping our eyes open!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:49 PM | Locked

gini:
dad must be feeling better, or he is nervous about the surgery

Gini, I must've missed your post about dad's surgery.  My thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery are going up for him.  God Bless him.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 1:04 PM | Locked

So, got lots of fun stuff....and fabric....at the LQS. She has set July 30th as her closing date.  She still has lots of fabric.  I got 13 yards.. Also a pattern and a Tonga Treat in blacks, greys and creams.  Also a bunch of fat quarters. At $1.29 each, you can't beat it. Then 50% off that. OH, MY!

Sukochi

Page 84 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use