Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 68 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 550
Points 8,685
Joyce replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:49 PM | Locked

I finished a appliqued quilt square this week.  I have worked on it for a long time a little here and there.  I decided while we were traveling I would work on it.  I now have the appliqued blocks done and need to start sewing the others.  It is a JoAnne block of the month from 2006 I think.  ha I'm a little behind.  I am so pleased to finally finish that one block.  I also went shopping for fabric to make my 2 DGD pillow cases.  The 12 year old was with me and picked her out.  I also cut out the fun ones for our pillow case swap hope to sew them tomorrow and mail them next week.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:03 PM | Locked

I am exhausted.  Took all day to get most of the cage to keep out chipmunks from the garden, and now at a time when the recently arrived barn cats have taken care of most of the chipmunks.  It would have taken as much time to tear down what I had done.  So I finished it. 

Haven't touched anything inside.  Tomorrow's another day.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:12 PM | Locked

Joyce my DH doesn't take any meds, but i was able to get him in to dr. 2 yrs ago when they gave exam and they said he was diabetic but he is very stubborn at times and is not satisfied until he gets his way with everything.  all my married life i've just tried to keep him happy and my heart and emotions are just being shredded to bits i think i'm going to dr. next week i sure need a sedative because he's making me a nervous wreck  and hurting my feelings almost every chance he gets.  you know i just can't do anything right .  i've always been a peacemaker in my house and don't know what to do.  Can't quilt right now too upset and sun .is our anniversary don't know if its our last.  i know all marriages have rocky episodes 

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:57 PM | Locked

What a difficult situation Is.  Praying for you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:15 PM | Locked

Is

I am so sorry that you are going thru this.  I know that there a rough spots in every marriage.  You will be in my prayers.  I hope that you can come to a decision that is best for you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 4:14 AM | Locked

Gini - so sorry to hear of your dad's health problems.  Hopefully they will be able to do what is necessary to give him some relief.  Take care of yourself also.  Sounds like you and Sam have had a full plate the past few months.

Take care!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 7:02 AM | Locked

My thoughts to all those needing a hug with family illnesses.  Today is raining again and again.  Arthritis is having a field day.  I am sitting doing hand stitching on a binding with a cat on my lap.  Lunch will be something easy.  May even call for pizza delivery.  Everyone have a great sewing day.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 7:52 AM | Locked

Diana, hope the rain stops soon, for both of us!

Is, I sure wish you would get counseling. my Doctor won't just prescribe meds for anxiety/nerves. We must see a therapist to deal with our issues. The psych guy will prescribe what med they see are needed. Don't just go on meds to cover feeling that need to be dealt with. Not a good idea! I am praying for rest and resolution to your situation. From what you are saying, your DH has been a demanding person all this time. From things you have said before, I suspected that he might be a controlling person. Without counseling, he won't change. You MUST seek help.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:54 AM | Locked

Started tearing out dining room floors wed. down to the joist,  now I have beautiful plywood floors, until I decide what I want down,  the only thing I am positive about is it won't be carpet.    going to start painting ceiling and walls today,already have blisters on both hands so whats a few more lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 9:04 AM | Locked

Leslie :
now I have beautiful plywood floors

Leslie, a friend had plywood subflooring put in, spattered painted it and sealed it. That Is her floor. Really looks awful! But, she likes it.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 9:08 AM | Locked

Wow I wish I was doing something fun like that.  If I started a project like that I'm sure the roof would come off my house.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

Joyce, MNancy posted the cake.  The pigs are made from fondant and the fence sure does look like Kit Kats.  Sure is just as cute as it can be.  Have a great weekend everyone!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 10:35 AM | Locked

Leslie, I'm picturing you in cut off shorts, work boots, a T-shirt, a tool belt tied around your waist swinging a hammer.  Am I right?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 10:55 AM | Locked

Leslie,  I'm sending you my address for when you're done at you're place. . We still have a few rooms of carpet upstairs and a bathroom that needs painting. The wallpaper is already scored to come down, so it should be a breeze. ;)  I'll even buy you some gloves!  

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 4:09 PM | Locked

Leslie sounds interesting have you any idea what you want?

It's 12 months ago today that my precious Dad lost his struggle against cancer. We were at his house painting the living room in the hope that it might encourage someone to buy it. It has been on the market almost 12 months and we have only had 2 viewings!

Wall to wall sunshine today and the promise of more tomorrow.

Is thinking of you and hoping you can find the strength to do what is right for you, life is too short to be unhappy xx

• | Post Points: 65
Page 68 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use