Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 52 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:24 AM | Locked

Julienne,

My daughter-in-law that has MS is on a very large dose of gabapentin,  She is soooo sleepy right after she takes it.  She has had a lot of trouble with the MS meds working.  She is on one now that for the first time in 7 years her MRI showed no new lesions, but is not doing a lot for symptom management.  The grogginess will wear off after your body gets used to it.  At least that is what she was told.

Jan

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 476
Points 7,600
Julienne replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:49 AM | Locked

Jan:

Julienne,

My daughter-in-law that has MS is on a very large dose of gabapentin,  She is soooo sleepy right after she takes it.  She has had a lot of trouble with the MS meds working.  She is on one now that for the first time in 7 years her MRI showed no new lesions, but is not doing a lot for symptom management.  The grogginess will wear off after your body gets used to it.  At least that is what she was told.

Jan

Jan, Hope you are right. This is the 4th MS med we are now trying and I ave had MS now for 10 years. Nothing seems to help the symptoms and they just get worse. I am doing the stepping up process on the gabapentin so right now I am tired but last time I was on it I remember some nice naps considering the pain I have keeps me up all the time so that is ok by me LOL.   I do hope the grogginess does wear off tho. Trying to take care of the kids is hard enough, and I do feel  depressed for some reason.   What I don't get is why when it was working so well before they took me off it and now humm they thought geezzz we need to put her back on.   Don't get me wrong my Fiance takes great care of the kids and does alot with them. In fact to give me a break today for some quite they are at the movies.

I have been monitoring my blood sugar since I gained 18 lbs in 6 weeks and my diabetes diet has not changed, I was hoping not to go back on meds for it or insulin, but my levels are all over the place and not in the good department.  Could this be it? I know I am upset about the weight.

Julienne - Mid Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,390
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:32 PM | Locked

Julienne, I hope thing straighten out for you really soon. I hope you start feeling better.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:53 PM | Locked

Diana the chicks blooms are pretty.  I never knew they bloomed.  I tried growing them in a pot but they didn't make it.  I like the way you have them in the garden.  Maybe I will try them again.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:03 PM | Locked

I'm excited I'm going to a new quilting group tomorrow night.  It is a church group.  The one I had sewed with before broke up due to life problems and our main lady passed away.  I haven't done much sewing for a couple of years so I'm really looking forward to getting back into it.  Going to work on pillow cases.

Joyce

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:04 PM | Locked

Joyce hope you enjoyed your new quilting group. I go on a Thursday and I admit sometimes I do nothing but talk!!!! But I love it. Being in the same room as other ladies who are on the same wave length!

x

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:00 PM | Locked

Karla - best of luck in refurbishing your "new" baby.  I hope she turns into a beauty for you. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:14 PM | Locked

Well Sukochi ---- Do blonds really have more fun????? Nice look by the way.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:05 PM | Locked

Hey, Marge. It is about time we heard from you! Missed you, 

My DS1 will be in Griffin on Friday/Saturday this week to attend her Headland High School reunion. Let's see, must be the 50th. Headland was in East Point so have no idea why they are having it down there. Of course, the school was torn down years ago.

Ok, to the question at hand. So far, NO, blonds, who are VERY unhappy with their hair color, do not have more fun. DH says get used to it. But, as I leave for the S.M. Retreat on Saturday ,and.....NANA IS COMING!!!! YEE HAW! it is gonna get much more fun then so far.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:11 PM | Locked

Diana:

Oh Diana

The blooms are fantastic, I have had hen and chicks over the years and never seen them bloom, not even in specialty garden shops.  Thanks for posting them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 9:35 PM | Locked

i'm in the middle of my garage sale.  visited with DD last weekend now she added some hens to her home plus the new bunch of honey bees.  shopping for new furniture but my problem is they just don't carry my style now it seems but i'm just beginning my search.  I keeep telling my DH we should move, but hes not interested.  I wish i lived down south I think i'd find my furniture quicker.  

When my garage sale is over I'm going to start working on whole cloth baby quilt I think.

Also if everyone could say a prayer for my BIL he is very sick again and has to have more testing so far his dianosis is colitis, but i think he has ulcer also.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 9:36 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
blonds, who are VERY unhappy with their hair color, do not have more fun

Goodness, what changed since a couple of days ago when we were all raving about the bombshell queen?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 9:38 PM | Locked

Today was one of those picture perfect summer days - cool temps, low humidity, no insects to speak of, gentle breeze.  I spent the entire day in the garden.  It was loverly!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:31 AM | Locked

I never said blondes have more fun, but they are easier to find in the dark, and Sukochi looks good with her pigment and all to carry off being blond, let everyone get comfortable with it.  Once the newness wears off, i think those who never knew her a brunette. And i would love to see her with some layers on top, just my opinion, it is alittle heavy but i love the color and think Sukochi  is a blonde bombshell, and i think Jim is enjoying his new bride!! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,646
Points 52,585
Ginny replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:23 AM | Locked

I'll send up a prayer for your BIL , Is.  Sometimes it is difficult to locate an ulcer.  You may be right. Has he had an ulcer before?  Good luck with your garage sale.   I am off to the Amish quilt retreat.   Ginny

Page 52 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use