Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 30 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:14 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
because I have a rotator cuff tear and am having surgery next Friday. Wish me luck on that! I'll be messed up for the rest of the summer. 

Elaine -

I feel for you, tore my right  one in 2011 and was pretty useless for 6 months.  of course, breaking my foot and not able to walk on it didn't help.  That's why I tore rotator cuff, pulling myself up off the toilet one day, using door frame.  I had two surgeries in less than 4 months.  Pretty lousy year - broke my foot Jan 1 and finally on Dec 1 dr declared me healed for both.  hope yours is not your dominant side.  very hard to go to bathroom, get dressed, eat just about everything s difficult.  

sending payers your way for good surgery and speedy recovery.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:16 PM | Locked

Yes, nancy, I had repair of the right shoulder in december2011' so I spent half of last year recouping. This time it's the left. And I will certainly behave myself and do my therapy. That is the key to a successful recovery.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:17 PM | Locked

Elaine, I wish for you all of the good luck that could possibly come for your surgery and will also add some prayers for you and for quick healing.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:17 PM | Locked

I have to say, it was a productive day!  Grocery shopping, planted tomatoes (finally!), mowed lawn, finished a new purse, straightened my fabric shelves, and started cutting down baskets full of scraps.  My back is tired!

This is the third time I've used this pattern for a purse.  It's just the right size for me, and has lots of pockets.

I cut a template out of plastic for the size of the folds to make best use of the shelf space.

I decided that I'm not hanging on to anything smaller than a 2 1/2 inch square.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 125
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Thanks, debbie, for your good wishes. I've already experienced the right shoulder, which is my dominate side. I hope it is easier with my left, being able to do things. I am hoping to be able to go to the Des Moines retreat in September. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Darlene:
Thanks for all your support with this sick man.He has gone to sleep for the night hopefully so he will live another day and I will not be joining a quilting group in prison lol

Darlene - I can feel for you, girl!  my DH had knee surgery on May 16th and he has been so grumpy and difficult. He is a very big baby when he is sick.  But you know why men are this way, don't you.  It is our fault, as Moms we baby them when they are children and ill and they expect it from their wives.  women learn early that sick or not, things gotta be done.  Mine reminds me that I have been down more than him so I owe him!  Duh, had three kids for him!

oh, well.  can't live with them and can't live without them.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Wow, Nancy, you are so organized, wish my stash looked like that.  I need to cut and purge some of my scraps that are probably too small to do much with.  I keep thinking I might applique, and Gini even gave me instruction in hand-turned applique, but I haven't done anything with it yet.  

I really need to get on the ball and organize my fabric and scraps.

That purse is really great, love the colors!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:25 PM | Locked

Ginny thanks for the prayers.

nancy, what are you trying to do, make all us underachievers look bad? Lol! Your shelves look great.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:41 PM | Locked

Elaine

What in the world have you been doing with your shoulder.   Prayers for a safe surgery and quick recovery.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 40,855
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:59 PM | Locked

Still no phone for me and beleive me i've shopped ti i dropped I might just order one online less confusion.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 12:08 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
Is Sam able to decompress at the end of each day?

he's spinning like a top right now.  i suspect he won't sleep tonight.  we have a 6 hour drive tomorrow, he'll decompress during the drive.  he'll spend the weekend at the office getting all his ducks in a row, in time for the onslaught monday.   i took his blood pressure,  it's up,  big surprise. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 12:11 AM | Locked

elaine, good luck on your surgery. 

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 12:25 AM | Locked

All I can say is WOW!   Even when I manage to get my sewing room fairly organized it has never looked that good.    those shelves are amazing.   one of my problems is I have a lot in large totes which are stacked.   When I need to find something I have to pull out the one I want and so the mess begins.    oh well,   there is time to sew and paint or time to organize so when I cannot find room to sew and paint then I organize.     I do give you lots of credit for that beautiful room.   I would like mine to be a nice organized place but never seem to achieve that. 

Have a good night.

God Bless Sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 1:00 AM | Locked

cute purse, nancy, and i am very evious of your neat fabrics. 

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,735
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 1:02 AM | Locked

Nancy, what is that purse pattern? I would love to make one for my Cuz.

I too love your shelves. One day I got tired of my stash and at least put them all by color in plastic bags. Now it's time I start making scrap quilts, will in time that is. LOL 

• | Post Points: 65
Page 30 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use