Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 27 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:44 PM | Locked

I don't know about your chipmunks, Patti, but the chipmunks in our area ate right through a tupperware container that I left out when we were camping by the lake.  I guess they wanted the brownies worse that we did.  I don't think a little bit of ground cloth would stop them here.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:22 PM | Locked

Karla:
 I don't think a little bit of ground cloth would stop them here.

The label says ground cloth, but it is not cloth.  It's a fairly heavy metal wire.  I will need the 2x4s to keep it in a cage shape.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:26 PM | Locked

this is starting to sound a bit like caddyshack

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:53 AM | Locked

The last three mornings I haven't been able to log on here, it lasts a few hours.  Is anyone else having this issue?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:11 AM | Locked

Gini, I had this issue today and one other time a few weeks ago.  Hope this doesn't become a habit because that's when I  log on.  Very annoying! 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

I couldn't log on at 5 this morn

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:55 AM | Locked

I had the issue the past two days...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:14 PM | Locked

mi vida loca:

sam's business partner, jerry,  in seattle died last night.   he was a former alcoholic and wouldn't take care of himself and would not wrap up their business, so now it is up to sam.  along with running a business in branson and  the court case he is involved in there,  he will now be running and wrapping up a business in seattle.  so if i come on here and it sounds like i am talking jibberish, i probably am. 

we will be living out of suitcases in seattle and branson and sandpoint for the  next few months.   

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:16 PM | Locked

Patti:

Karla:
 I don't think a little bit of ground cloth would stop them here.

The label says ground cloth, but it is not cloth.  It's a fairly heavy metal wire.  I will need the 2x4s to keep it in a cage shape.

Patti, I think you're talking about hardware cloth. It's definitely NOT cloth-like at all!  lol.  1/2 inch mesh made of galvanized metal!  I just made a fence out of it for my chickens.  I recommend wearing long sleeves while you're working with it if you haven't made your fence yet.  When I was making mine, I didn't realize it as I was working, but when I was done, I had small cuts all over my arms that were caused by the sharp edges created when you have to cut it.  Good luck!

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:23 PM | Locked

Gini, sorry to hear about Sam's partner,   And that Sam is now more overloaded than before.    Let me know when your in Branson, might be able to come down and have a sew day with you.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 1:50 PM | Locked

Nana:

Gee  I fixed that problem years ago....I just don't lock the door...LOL

Gee Nana...That's  not a statement I would be making in an open forum! You're a whole lot braver then I am!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 2:00 PM | Locked

Karla:
the chipmunks in our area ate right through a tupperware container that I left out when we were camping by the lake.  I guess they wanted the brownies worse that we did.

I'd put a hit out on them! No rodent dares mess with Mom's chocolate!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 2:08 PM | Locked

will do, leslie. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 2:11 PM | Locked

Been crazy around here lately. It's nice to be back at work, but on the flip side there  was barely enough of me to go around before! Now I'm spread thinner then ever!

We took DS1 to the orthodontist yesterday. He'll be getting his braces/retainer next week. Poor guy. The insurance insists that all such devices are cosmetic and as such they don't cover them. The poor kid has an under-bite that already makes it hard for him to eat. Once his other teeth erupt he'd be on a liquid diet without them, but try telling them that! ARGH!

He asked for BBQ Ribs and corn on the cob for supper last night - one last splurge before he can't have them. Today he had a carmel apple.

We picked up more bedding plants on the way home and added to the colors in my yard. It looks cheerful now!

Jenni went out and got herself skunky last night. She didn't take a direct hit, but she still stinks. She hates water so giving her a bath was a challenge. I think I am now wearing all her skunk stink... but she's all beautiful and ready for another night of dibotchery.

Tommorow we are having Jr's b-day party. Hopefully she won't re-offend. And hopefully the weather will hold...

I had hoped to get out and play on the torch today but so far it hasn't happened. Someone (Angele??) suggested that I make tangle foot magnets. I finally got some magnetic buttons so I can try that out. ...If I ever get time with my glass. 

BM's wife asked me to make her some  quilted knitting bags and I have high hopes of doing that today as well. I need to be Karla. or Lesley. Somebody who actually gets stuff done!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 2:18 PM | Locked

Gini, I am so sorry to hear that Sam's business partner died.  It really does put a whole big load on the 2 of you.  You and Sam take care, and only work on the most important things right now. Hopefully he can get things wrapped up in Seattle quickly.   Ginny

Page 27 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use