Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 19 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 40,885
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:23 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone on the suggestions for tying quilt.  I t ended up the way i designed side 1 and side 2 I was able to line them up perfectly almost and use the machine after all.  Finished the quilt last night for nephew now i'll be doing a little show and tell at a few places then give it to him.  I guess i've bonded with my new machine now because i got the quilt finished on it.  Showed my neighbor today and she said i'm getting to be quite the professional on quilts... she hasn't seen that many to compare but i thanked her all the same.  I'm just never good with compliments don't know why.  It has a ripple effect that just happened but i think it makes the quilt look better that is strange.  I'm going to post it now in show and tell hope everyone likes it.  I know i've been talking about this one for so long.  I'm calling it magic.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 6:51 AM | Locked

Gini and Nana, did you forget to pay the newsletter delivery boy when he came collecting and knocked on your front door?  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 7:38 AM | Locked

Spent the weekend at DS and DDIL house.  DGD2 had a dance recital and she did so very well!  She is so graceful, when she is dancing, that is.  :-)  Since she was 2 she has been making up songs and dances.  Can't wait to see where the Lord leads her in her life!  Then DGS1 had a talent show at school.  He was last . . . but they said they always put the best one at the end.  Can't say that I disagree, he ROCKED!!!  He is quite the drummer!  He has a natural talent and is quite amazing at 9.  DS says he is as good as DS was at 15.  But I think they are both great as DS has never had a drum lesson and he is teaching DGS1.  

We took my Mom along too, she had fun, but she is such a home body.  We shopped, ate and played.  The grands are such cuties and we love them tons!  Bad thing is I woke up at 4 yesterday morning w/an odd tummy.  It does this every 4 months or so.  Very irritating!  I don't know what sets it off, it just isn't happy.  I am still not "normal" but I still got on the elliptical, but only for 15 minutes.  I am up to 25, but w/not feeling 100%, better not push it.  

Hope to work on a quilt later, one of my own designs.  They usually turn out different than what I had planned, but I try at least.  Hope everyone has the most wonderful day!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 8:42 AM | Locked

Well, I got a call from my son late yesterday.  He left Michigan at 4 am and he was at the beginning of the Badlands when he called.  Later he stopped in Billings Montana for the night.  He is looking to do some prospecting on his way to Oregon to see his sister and having a ball with his trusty lab, Josie, with him.  I am so jealous.  He is going near so many of the online friends that I have on QCA.  He said he is going to spend some time in northern Idaho also and do some fishing when he gets to his sister's place in Oregon.  She lives on the Columbia River.  Sigh, why couldn't I go too?   Hmph, who wants to take his Mom on an adventure vacation, really.      Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 483
Points 9,155
Jan replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:52 AM | Locked

Eileen,

I am not a librarian, but volunteer at an underprivileged school here in Rochester, NY.  I usually do the actual computer check out  when I am there.  It is so fulfilling to see the little ones choose a book for its cover in the fall and read the title of the cover in the spring.  Just the light in their eyes.

Jan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:58 AM | Locked

I'm waving at Ginny's son and sending a tummy-rub to josie....

It's cold, wet and raining in MT today. 'Not a good day for prospecting, but a pretty good one for quilting. I will be going to work so that's not on my roster, but DD might finish her top today. Maybe I'll have pics to add to my gallery this evening.

I went to the big city with all four off-spring yesterday. I'd forgotten what a job it is to do the monthly shopping with the school crew in tow! Whoofta! But we had fun. The kids turn everything into an adventure. The found an employee at one store who had a funky green hat, and made a game of seeing how many times they could spot him. They picked out annuals for me at the feed store while i bought chicken feed - seems we are going with a patriotic theme this year. And we giggled through endless episodes of DS1's silly stories, embellishing them with him as he went along. The one draw-back was that the dog had to ride in the 'way back' and she got car sick. Poor Jenni. She left her lunch int he parking lot. (Better there then in the car!)

Now I must get me ready for the days adventures at the shop. I fully expect another pink-slip in my box. I 'theater kissed' the boss last night at the end of shift, and I think that probably qualifies as sexual harrassment...?   (Dh had stopped in on his way home from work, so when I saw his car there, i stopped too. Some tourist took my pic while I was kissing him under the dino display. I was cussing their camera when i walked into the office and BM said no one ever kissed him so he had no worries... HA! I couldn't let an opertunity like that pass me by, now, could I?   It ain't easy to dip a guy who's a foot taller and hundred pounds heavier. Thank goodness for office chairs!)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

Did that tourist get a picture of the office chair dip?  And did you ask for a copy?   We love pictures, ya know.   :  )

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 0
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

It's cold, wet and rainy in Calgary today too.  It's been that way since Saturday afternoon.  Not great for gardening, but definitely great for working on quilting.

Kim in Canada

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

Nana:

Gini

I haven't gotten mine for over a year now.  Don't know what the deal is with that.   I think I have found it in the blogs before.

I've been getting my QCA Newsletter via email...probably a cost-saving feature over printing and mailing. I actually had forgotten that I used to get them via the mail...lol!  

Are you set up to get notifications from QCA via email?  If not, that may be the answer.  Or it may be going in your junk email...try there.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

Donna, I checked my spam, and I couldn't see where to enable the newsletter in my settings.  I can't locate it on the site either, their search engine is a joke. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:45 AM | Locked

Donna, I checked my spam, and I couldn't see where to enable the newsletter in my settings.  I can't locate it on the site either, their search engine is a joke.   I've enabled them to send it before, so I need to figure that out again.  I don't know why it isn't posted somewhere easy to find,  if they keep droppIng it off my email.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:04 AM | Locked

gini:

Donna, I checked my spam, and I couldn't see where to enable the newsletter in my settings.  I can't locate it on the site either, their search engine is a joke. 

I agree there search engine is a joke...I never have located anything I was looking for with it.  So what good is it...lol!

I found what I think is the email set-up for this:  Go to Edit (top line on this page, to right of your name); select Edit your Profile; select Site Options; scroll down to Email Configurations and 1)  1st item, Private Email Address - be sure you have your current email here  2) last item, Send Notifications - be sure you have Yes button selected.  I have the other two at "NO" because I don't want all the postings coming into my email box (my person preference).  I think it is the "Send Notifications" and having your email address here that are the important items, but...  who knows now days with QCA.

Hope this will help...but you probably won't know until next month...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:11 AM | Locked

BTW, I just noticed they have added the link to make Internet Explorer compatible with QCA...in the "Welcome to QCA" group on the left of the screen on your Homepage!

Gini, I think they heard you...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 40,885
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

Today i am meeting with DH after work  with a bank manager.  Hope all goes well with everyone.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:06 PM | Locked

That's how I have mine set up, Donna.  And the right address is there.  I used to get it inimy email but it stopped.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Page 19 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use