Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 18 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:36 PM | Locked

Joni, so glad you like the charms I sent you.  Enjoy working with them.  (((((HUGS)))))

Getting my stash of charms out led to my making a twister wreath with Kitten, thanks!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

Gini, thanks for the Princess and Wil story, I've missed them.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 8:36 PM | Locked

gini:
 we're off to the pool, to take a quick dip before a friend's birthday party.

Brrrrr!  Is the pool heated?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 9:14 PM | Locked

Hi, All :-)  I haven't been on much lately so I thought I'd check in & see what's up.  Looks like life as usual!  I've been busy at work as I will be working at a different library starting Monday so I had to tie up all my loose ends, clean up computer files. etc.  I'll miss my old staff but look forward to working with a new staff & will be much closer to home.

DH and I are prepping our basement for a remodel due to damage from flooding a while back. We've pretty much gutted the old stuff, had the hazardous stuff removed properly (lead paint, asbestos tile) & are getting cracks in the foundation repaired next.  The dogs have no idea what's going on but then they got to go to doggie day care & were there overnight while the house aired out.  Tonight they are happily exhausted!

Not much sewing going on here but I'll meet with a group of sewing friends later this month. Most of the ladies worked at what was my first quilt shop which has been closed for 5 or 6 years now & they are a great group.  Our gatherings are therapy for all of us.

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 10:11 PM | Locked

Beth:

Gini,

Sounds like you've had an action packed weekend with princess! Wanted to know, do you think Epic is a movie that a very attentive 2 almost 3 year old would watch in a theater??? I was thinking of taking DGS to see it  the second week in June when his little sister has to go back to Wisconsin for more medical treatment...

Beth, we took a 4 yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old and the oldest one watched the whole thing and really liked it but the little one got restless about half way through.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,584
Points 26,545
Debbie replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 10:11 PM | Locked

Eileen:

Hi, All :-)  I haven't been on much lately so I thought I'd check in & see what's up.  Looks like life as usual!  I've been busy at work as I will be working at a different library starting Monday so I had to tie up all my loose ends, clean up computer files. etc.  I'll miss my old staff but look forward to working with a new staff & will be much closer to home.

Eileen, what kind of library do you work at?  I'm a public librarian/assistant manager myself in Oklahoma City.  we need to talk.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

Eileen:
We've pretty much gutted the old stuff

Hi Eileen!  Good to hear from you again.  So if the basement is out of commission, I suppose your frame is packed away for now.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 3:30 PM | Locked

Did anyone read the QCA Newsletter from June 1st (via email) yet?  Surprise!!!  It has a solution for accessing QCA via Internet Explorer and a link to the steps on how to fix it.  DH says they (QCA) must have contacted Microsoft to create a workaround...because it looks like an add-on feature.

Anyway, for all of you cursing Chrome and wanting to use IE, I have tried the "fix" and it worked for me! 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 4:25 PM | Locked

Beth:
do you think Epic is a movie that a very attentive 2 almost 3 year old would watch in a theater??? I

it depends on how many ants the 2 and 3 y-o's have in their pants.  it didn't have many slow parts and the animation was beautiful. 

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 4:33 PM | Locked

Is I know you asked a couple of days ago but I used crochet cotton to tie the one I made for my Dad. It was really nice to use and with  big eyed needle very easy.

I still have no sewing machine and I am getting really twitchy as I want to get on and do some sewing!!! This weekend has been nice and sunny ( Ieven had the roof down on the car yesterday) We had a 4 hour rehearsal yesterday and then went out for a curry with my best friend and her family. Today we have done some odd jobs around the house. Well DH has painted the boards under the guttering round the kitchen looks much better. I did some washing and pottered. Bit of weeding, read the Sunday paper! washed my car. The sun was quite warm and I now have a very red patch on the back of my neck, DH has a bright pink forehead too!!!

We have also booked our flight to Winter Park Colorado for next year's ski holiday. We had enough British Airways points to go premium economy and the total cost was just over $600 not bad considering if we had paid it would have been almost $1,000. Just need to sort out our points and see if we can afford a flight to Florida later this year. I have also been invited to go to New York at the end of January for a friends 40th celebration and then of course I will be off to New York in April 2014 with the choir. I shall lurch from jet lag to jet lag I think!!!! Very exciting.

Hope you are all ok xxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 9:17 PM | Locked

Debbie,

I started out as a children's librarian & am now an adult librarian/branch manager for Chicago Public Library. The neighborhood branches are much smaller than the typical "suburban" libraries - most are around 8-10,000 square feet with a few newer ones pushing 14 or 15,000. I love it though working with the public has its ups & downs. The best part is watching a child's eyes light up when they find a book they love. I'll always be a children's librarian at heart!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 9:20 PM | Locked

Hey, Nancy :-)  

Yep, just about everything is in the attic but I've managed to claim dining room space for my dsm, some tools & current projects but it's not the same as having my own space. I've barely done any sewing so I haven't been on here except to "lurk" once in a while (I especially love seeing what projects others are doing). Thanks for asking! How's your set up? Are you having fun finishing quilts?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:07 PM | Locked

Donna B:

Did anyone read the QCA Newsletter from June 1st (via email) yet?  Surprise!!!  It has a solution for accessing QCA via Internet Explorer and a link to the steps on how to fix it.  DH says they (QCA) must have contacted Microsoft to create a workaround...because it looks like an add-on feature.

Anyway, for all of you cursing Chrome and wanting to use IE, I have tried the "fix" and it worked for me! 

Donna, I notice the QCA Blog the other day had it too... http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/blogs/faqs/archive/2013/05/30/making-internet-explorer-compatible-with-quilters-club-of-america.aspx

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 12:11 AM | Locked

question???  someone was talking about the newsletter and i realized i haven't been getting mine, yet again.  haven't seen it for months.    now i can find it on my home page.   does anyone know where to find it?  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:14 AM | Locked

Gini

I haven't gotten mine for over a year now.  Don't know what the deal is with that.   I think I have found it in the blogs before.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 18 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use