technically challenged

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse Posted: Sat, May 18 2013 12:47 PM

hi' I am new to this, technicaly challanged and a bit frustrated in addition to feeling a bit lost.  By a happy accident I joined the Chrimsrmas al year long group which I will be  happy to be a part of. However, i have been trying to find out about the secret santa and cannot seem to find anything but questionaire. when I tried the contact area I was to.d I am not an administrator ( whkch I did know) but that i cannot post a question there.  This may be partly because I am on a tablet away from home but will appreciate any help you can provide. thank you    Sharon (winurse)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Sat, May 18 2013 1:02 PM

I'm technically challenged myself but try going to ask a question on quilting on post.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Sat, May 18 2013 1:29 PM

hi sharon.  this site is full of the technically challenged, me being one of them.  you are in good company.  

thea has locked the new posts there so only thea can open a new conversation.   it keeps the group from getting bogged down.   i don't think they have started this year's secret santa

go on one of the discussions about the secret santa, hit reply on any post and you can ask your questions that way.   that is how most of  do it.  if you haven't been accepted as a member there,  you may not be able to post.  you can click on thea's name. that will send you to a place where you can send her a private message.   if you stilll have trouble getting through, let us know here and we'll figure it out for you.

oh, welcome to the group.   i hope you enjoy it here.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sat, May 18 2013 1:37 PM

Hi Winurse,

Heres a bit i had copied from Theas post that she had made, hopefully this answers your questions if not post your question in the group under General chat and someone will see and answer.

Because i dont describe it as well as Thea, does i have copied an answer that she had previously put for someone else, hope this helps.

We have a program that we do called Secret Santa - the last couple of years we have started it around the end of September and you have a couple months to get some things together for a person that does not know you - or may know you but your name is a secret... then the first week of December we send our packages to the person for their Christmas gift.

Most of the items are selected with that individual in mind... some to do with quilting but not all... well I had an idea that this year we could have this group and we could work on small projects all year long that could but don't have to go into the package to be sent out. I am trying to find projects that could be used for family and friends too... like the January project which is a pillowcase and February is a pot holder(instructions to come).

There is no price limit on what your package is full of we ask that it at least be a minimum of the cost of 2 1/2 yards of fabric. We don't want anyone to feel as though we are breaking their piggy banks for this - it is supposed to be fun and something to look forward to.

We do ask that those with pets - like me - keep their pet dander away from the items as some are allergic to pets - and also that those who smoke keep their smoke away from the package. We don't want to set anyone's allergies off... and this helps each of us.

That is about it... I will be posting our questionaire shortly over in pages where I am making a list of all those who are going to participate. I take everyones name and assign a # to it - then I make up little pieces of paper with those #s on them and I have 2 bowls - one bowl for the SS and one bowl for the recipient - this way I try to be totally fair - I want to be totally fair.

We do have people from all over the world so although I put all the names in the same bowl if it happens that the name drawn ends up with someone who does not feel that they can afford to send something to a quilting sister / brother across the pond then I draw a new number for that person. Those who do not want to send over the pond tell me via PM so that it is a private issue. It worked out quite well this year - the Lord saw fit that I didn't have to redraw any #s - they fell just right. Some of our members also want to be the one that sends over seas and recieve from overseas to get something from another country.

Our quilting sisters this past year from across the pond were very excited and happy to be included and found out that us Americans are very wonderful and generous people. I got many happy replies from them... so it was fun.

Some of our members this year wanted to know who their person was all year long - so that they could "spy" and get to know their person and have lots of time to make or buy something special - so I am putting together a list and those members will find out early who their person is...

If that made any sense and I hope it did.

It is lots of fun and this last year was really exciting - every person that signed up to be a SS did just that - it was awesome - you can go back to the main site and see threads that were written and the wonderful pictures of presents that each recipient rec'd.

Hope this helps.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Sat, May 18 2013 2:37 PM

thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use