Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:10 AM

Julienne, will be glad to have you joining us , Yes we have all been in your shoes having the kids move home for awhile. not a problem . Barbnara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sun, May 12 2013 7:00 PM

Hi Barbara, I've been popping in & out just to see what you have been doing & drooling as it is going so well. I took the plunge last week & have stippled my first quilt  It's not really good BUT I had so much fun doing & I'm happy with it. I usually just stitch in the ditch or rule lines but I'll be practicing a lot more now as it was SO much fun.My family can't understand my excitement, they just don't "get" it.

Take Care

Clare

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 13 2013 9:56 AM

Clare ,good for you that  is what is take is that first  plunge  and then you will find you want  to do more and more and start adding new things to your quilting, just remember to take your time and have fun and breath . When you can share a picture with us ,we would love to see .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, May 13 2013 11:01 AM

Barbara, I am with the others...having all kinds of excuses why I wasn't able to join in with you.  I do love FMQ...to the point that I am actually thinking that I piece quilts just so I have something to fmq, but I had so many projects on the table...plus life...that I just couldn't do this to at the time.  I have always planned to go back and catch up with you, but so far that hasn't happened.  I did just finish a baby quilt...complete with fmq that I'm happy with.  I tried a few things I wouldn't have previously, like the arc's in the 2 of the star-points.  I also did a lot of fmq around the flowers in the other star-points.

Would you believe I still have the last block of the Craftsy 2012 BOM to finish?  So you see where I am at...I need to get that done before I can get to the fmq!!!  I really hope I can jump in with you soon...hopefully in the very near future!!!  

Here is a picture of the baby quilt I just finished:

(Its already been washed, so that's why it looks a little "soft".)

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 1:32 PM

I'm AWOL, too.  I tried, really hard to quilt my SIL's Christmas quilt, but the stupid plates in my arm won't let me.  I can't handle the stress of trying to move my arm in the correct direction.

So...my FMQ is now limited to small things--no larger than a placemat.  And I just plain haven't had time to do any of that.  BUT!  With the applique BOM, I am hoping to be able to do some FMQ because I'm using them as wall hangings instead of turning them into quilts.  aT least, that' my plan.  So...as soon as I have ONE done, I'll pop back in and let you know how it's going.

Very frustrating...the plates are going to HAVE to come out this fall.  Ugh...that means another surgery.  Hopefully they can just open up where the cut when they put them in.  If not, I may have a tattoo berween the two scars so it looks like railroad tracks., lol!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 13 2013 4:59 PM

Donna ,nice job ,you all can still post these on the site your doing fmq ,just not posting it. I know a lot of you are doing things , we want to see it all not just what I'm doing ,  I'm gonna open a thread for stuff you are all doing so you can also post it there.  I really love the quilt , you did good . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 13 2013 5:02 PM

Susie, sounds like you need to start doing the " quilt as you go" method,  this would help you and keep your arm form stopping your work , You might just want to give it a try . A lot of people really love this method .  Barbara,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 463
Points 7,370
Julienne replied on Thu, May 16 2013 4:25 PM

Barbara, I am choosing to be above all this mess. Should these creepers choose to use me as their one to pick on so be it. I have better things to do with my life. However it is getting hard to pick out the real threads today,  Julienne

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 410
QCA Mandy replied on Thu, May 16 2013 4:56 PM
Hi All, I got on a plane for quilt market and it looks like some bad apples got on the site and are not being very appropriate. I'm doing my best to ban them please let me know if you see more activity. I'll keep checking in. Thanks for your patience with this! QCA Mandy
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, May 16 2013 4:58 PM

Mandy I'm so glad you are here ,it has been a nightmare today. and not one person answered in the customer service center,  not One. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use