Other arts and crafts

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 185
MARYD-39 Posted: Tue, May 7 2013 3:34 PM

Hi, I'm a new member to QCA and I do basket making, jewelry and I love to sew lots of things

now including quilts.

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 580

Hello Mary,

My mother does basketweaving and just taught me one method.  It's hard to get to it because i'm so involved with my quilts.  Although I do find it fascinating.  I also do beading, and stained glass.  What kinds of things do you sew?  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, May 7 2013 4:10 PM

Hi Mary!  Welcome to QCA.  I don't do much else for crafts, but I do garden so this time of year I have to split my free time between gardening and quilting.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,282
Kris replied on Tue, May 7 2013 5:08 PM

Welcome Mary.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, May 8 2013 2:54 PM

hi mary, welcome to the group.  i do a lot of reading, some gardening and enough arts and crafts to keep the grands busy.   mostly it is just quilting. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 185

I sew some of my own clothes and aprons and potholders etc.  I used to make my daughter's clothes and some shirts for my son. And I have made a lot of baby blankets for my grandkids and to sell. I have taught some basket making classes and I plan to teach a beading class this summer. I wish I had a quilting machine,but I'm not sure where I would put it. Guess I'd have to get rid of something to do that!

Nice to talk to you.    Mary

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 185

I don't do much gardening....my husband is the one with the green thumb!!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 185

PS   I have sewn other things of interest too. I made the proto-type of a cooling vest for the military at the begining of the Iraq war. And I have made a coat in bright orange for a hunting dog.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 185

I like to read too. I read a lot of historical ficition and mysteries.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 185

I like to read too, mostly historical fiction and mysteries.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 185

You ladies are all making me feel welcome. Thanks       Mary in Wyoming

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, May 8 2013 6:17 PM

Hi Mary, glad you are with us.  My mother made pine needle baskets.  I have several of them.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 185

Yes, I have made a couple of them and baskets made with gourds. I also make baskets with barbed wire. And I have used cattail rushes,but am not as happy with them. 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 185

Thanks. Cute cats. I have a Golden Retriever that is cream color and just turned 1 year old.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:43 AM

Mary, welcome to the club, we do have many groups over in groups that you might want to check out , The Christmas all year long group we do lots of items to ,make for our Secret Santa , all year long . you will have to join the group and follow the rules of the hostess of the group. but you may enjoy it  ,there are also may other projects going on in the other groups .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use