Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances Posted: Mon, Apr 29 2013 5:44 AM

I know im being nosy but... I was wondering if anyone had made any of the quilts from the elm creek series or are any on your to do list, I know Nana has done Sylvias wedding quilt and it look fabulous I just wondered if anyone else was thinking of doing one, or had done one.

Lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 513
Points 10,435

I haven't done any yet, but I have the Loyal Union Sampler book on preorder from Amazon. It's supposed to be out in September. So I'll be doing that when the book arrives.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 7:53 AM

Me too Carol, and i cant wait.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:42 AM

So, I want to know...what's nosy about it?  I have wondered the same thing.  I love her stories and have thought about trying to find the patterns to see if I had the courage to try to make one of them.  But it seems like time always gets away from me.

Sounds like a good excuse to go to the library and see what they have....

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:51 AM

Susie,

I have all the books and all the pattern books for them, but as yet just not brave enough, although i have been looking at Sylvias bridal quilt yet again!!!

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 2:48 PM

I started SBS and it's on my list of projects that need finishing. The only problem is that I can't find the first half of the blocks I've completed. I'm hoping they turn up soon.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 15,700
Erin replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 3:52 PM

Well, I am going to be super nosy....are these reading books or pattern books, both, separate??  I guess I should go search because I've not heard of these. 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 632
Points 16,135
Zsofia replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 4:12 PM

Well well Frances you made me look. I was all curious about the title I thought you have some 'gossip' to tell... I was way off. LOL but you made me curious about the Elm Creek series. When I got to our LQS next time I will check the books out. 

Zsofia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 8:06 PM

I finished the Sylvia's top, but haven't quilted it yet.   We have a group here for Sylvia's bridal quilt.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,800
Jacy replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:50 PM

Frances, I'm making Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, I think I have about 30 blocks made, so still a long way to go. I pre-ordered her new sampler book too, I'm hoping to get a bunch more blocks made for Sylvia's before I start the new one.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:54 PM

Erin:
are these reading books or pattern books, both, separate??  I guess I should go search because I've not heard of these. 

Erin - these are wonderful fiction books about a group of wmen and a quilting retreat they create, out of love.  It gives the story behind the retreat and tells about each woman who teaches there and even historical info on quilting, the Underground Railroad is featured in one of the books and one features the first black woman recognized for her quilting.  they are a great read and I'll put in a plug for your local library, go check them out.  most libraries will have the books and there are a few quilting books as well.  I've read most all of the books but have never attempted one of the quilts. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 15,700
Erin replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:35 PM

Thank you Debbie. I'll stop by the library tomorrow and see what they have.

Debbie:

Erin:
are these reading books or pattern books, both, separate??  I guess I should go search because I've not heard of these. 

Erin - these are wonderful fiction books about a group of wmen and a quilting retreat they create, out of love.  It gives the story behind the retreat and tells about each woman who teaches there and even historical info on quilting, the Underground Railroad is featured in one of the books and one features the first black woman recognized for her quilting.  they are a great read and I'll put in a plug for your local library, go check them out.  most libraries will have the books and there are a few quilting books as well.  I've read most all of the books but have never attempted one of the quilts. 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use