Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:24 PM

Beautiful works of art, Quiltcraze     Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:27 PM

OK, I went back and viewed them again and see that the top and bottom are stained glass, the middle one is fabric.  Sorry Karla.  I would still love a tutorial on your quilted one.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 580
quiltcraze replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 11:18 AM

Hi Silverfox,

I learned this technique from a woman I found on the internet.  Her name is Therese May.  Since i am a beginner quilter I had no idea how to go about this, so I searched for a long time and found her.  I thought her technique was pretty cool.  You pretty much make a pattern (make 16 copies) and get 16 different fabric pieces, cut out each pattern to each fabric piece and mix and match the fabric pieces together, fuse and sew .  You should look her up she has a whole page on explaining how she does it.  Let me see what you do with it if you try it.

When I'm done with my seascape quilt I will post it up so I can get some feedback on it.  Better ideas or if it works just the way it is.

How do you all get these colored signed names on your posts?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 3:52 PM

quiltcraze:

My name is Margaret, I just joined this group two days ago, and wow their is a lot of stuff to take in.  I don't even know where to begin.

I"m a self taught person in all my crafts.  I've been quilting for a little over a year and I must say I've become quite addictive to it.  I love it!  I am a Registerd Veterinary Technician, although now I just fill in for people at the clinic I work at now because my husband and I take care of his mother.  I love to do stained glass, I specialize in pet portraits, I crochet at night while I watch tv, and I love to do beading.  I felt that stained glass was kind of similar to quilting, cutting shapes, piecing them together like a puzzle, using color and shapes to create a scene or design.  So my second project I did was a quilted pet portrait.  It turned out beautifully.

I've become very into free motion quilting.  Right now I'm working on a seascape (colaborated with my mother, were making a bedrunner for my sister for her birthday), with applaqued tree and rocks, and adding all the FMQ for pebbles, sky, sand, water, etc.  It coming together quite well to my surprise.  

I look forward to seeing everyones activities, ideas, tips, etc.  

Welcome  Margaret!

You are from my very favorite city...love San Francisco, on the bay!  My you have some amazing talents!  Show us some of your works PLEASE!

We are truly into pictures.

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 580

Hi Joni,

I posted 2 excamples of my stained glass portraits and 1 pic of my quilt portrait yesterday on this thread, look on the previous page I guess.  : )  I still getting to know my way around here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:35 PM

These are beautiful

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, May 1 2013 4:47 AM

quiltcraze

found your beautiful works of art...wow you are very talented...thanks for pics!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,110

These are fantastic. How artistic. Thanks for sharing.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:56 AM

Absolutely stunning artwork, I love the stained glass horses and dog.  The quilt is also so exceptionally beautiful, what a talent you have!

I too am just a beginner at having started about 2 years ago, I would have been afraid to attempt the dog quilt, how did you make your pattern?  Did your experience in the stained glass arena help tremendously with this?  

You can create a custom signature by editing your profile - the system will give you several different options.

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 580

Thank you all for the kind words.  I have been doing stained glass for about 8 years or so.  I was inspired by church windows. I have always thought they were so beautiful even has a little kid.  so, one day I picked up a beginner book on stained glass and it went from there.  also the fact that I love animals and wanted to do portraits of them.  I have so many portraits that I gave away or sold.  quilting is very much the same I thought except much softer and not toxic (using lead and all).  : )  

I took a photo of the dog, then I simplified the picture so I could have a pattern. It actually looks just like the dog in real life.   I gave it to the owner of the dog for Xmas and the first thing she said was "oh my god , it's Cody"  I want to do one of my dog as soon as I'm done with my seascape quilt and sampler quilt.  I love quilting, I think it's so much fun.  My cats like it too.

thanks Jenia for the info, will do.

Margaret

quiltcraze

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use