Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,575
Points 118,585
Judy Taylor-Bellingham Posted: Thu, Apr 18 2013 9:45 PM

For various reasons, I vowed not to buy any new fabric this year. I would use what was in my stash. I've been very successful and have made several projects, including MQ8, entirely from my stash.....until today.

It's our anniversary. We decided to take the dog and go for a ride. We caught a ferry to the Peninsula and ended up in Poulsbo. A quaint Scandinavian town on an inlet of Puget Sound. Had a wonderful lunch overlooking the harbor and then I spied a Quilt Shop. (I already knew it was there, just didn't tell George that). While he walked the dog I wandered into the shop. Found some things I simply could not resist. Thought "Oh Heck, so I fell off the wagon. Big deal". 

Then we drove up to a very small community on the Sound called Port Gamble. Guess what? It also has a lovely quilt shop. George walked the dog and I fell even further off the wagon. Besides over 10 yards of fabric, I came home with another ruler called Flying Geese x4 No Math Ruler. It works fantastic. Also bought a panel of roosters to make my daughter some hot pads. And a pattern. JudyEE would love this if she doesn't already have it. I did get a nasty sticker shock at the register but by then I was hooked on it and just had to have it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:27 PM

Judy, happy anni, sounds like you had a wonderful day, and i love those roosters

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:29 PM

Judy, you hit two of my favorite stores!  Part of my stash is from Poulsbo.   I have a great pattern and fabric I bought for the quilt several years ago,  and it is all rolled up together, just waiting for me.  I hear they have moved since I was last there, but I will find them!  And I stopped at the one in Port Gamble my last  trip over. 

I like your fabric and pattern.

Glad you had a good day.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:30 PM

I love those sampler blocks on the side of the buildings!  If the pattern comes from Japan, I don't think they are barns, so houses?  Did you buy fabric to make that right away?  Good for you for having a bit of fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:42 PM

Judy we lived in pt. gamble for years and the kids went to school in poulsbo.   I love the shop in poulsbo.  There wasn't a quilt shop in pt gamble when we lived there.  It was a company town with a general store a gas station and post office.  You got some great patterns

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:53 PM

Judy ,Happy anniversary  to George and you . Sounds loke you had a wonderful day, I love the patterns you purchased, Can't wait to see what you do with them. Barbara  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,575
Points 118,585

MNnancy:

I love those sampler blocks on the side of the buildings!  If the pattern comes from Japan, I don't think they are barns, so houses?  Did you buy fabric to make that right away?  Good for you for having a bit of fun!

I'll probably use what I have in my stash. Once I finish the two I'm  quilting, I'll start playing around with this one.

Gini and Patti. They are wonderful shops and located in such lovely surroundings.  Friends and I may do the Shop Hop in June and take in those that are on the Peninsula. There is also a Stash Dash in October on the Peninsula. That's lots of fun and you get a fat quarter at each shop.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,575
Points 118,585

Barbara:

Judy ,Happy anniversary  to George and you . Sounds loke you had a wonderful day, I love the patterns you purchased, Can't wait to see what you do with them. Barbara  

Thanks, we had such a nice relaxing day in spite of it being rather gray and chilly. I'm kind of thinking of using my Civil War type stash for the little patches on the houses. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:33 AM

Judy that would be really pretty,  those are some really nice house patterns .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,785
Linda replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 4:46 AM

Judy, belated happy anniversay. That was really a great anniversary present George gave you! Can't wait to see the houses quilt.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:33 AM

Happy Anniversary to you and George.  Sounds like you both had a great day.  Love the house pattern.  I saw one similar many years ago when a friend had tons of orphan blocks from previous quilts.  She made them all the same size (added borders to smaller ones) and when they all matched, made houses with them.  It's a great idea to use up sample blocks or leftover blocks.  Looks like a great quilt and can't wait to see one finished.

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:21 AM

Judy

Happy Anniversary.   Sounds like you and George had a great day.   Love the pattern....I have seen that somewhere and though it was so cute.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,575
Points 118,585

Thanks Nana. It was such a relaxing enjoyable day. We both enjoy doing simple things and this was spur of the moment, throw on some jeans and a sweatshirt, grab treats for the dog and head down the road.

I am so anxious to start this pattern but I'm trying to focus focus focus on MQ8, which will be for my sister in alw and a couple quilts for friends that I really want to finish sooner than later.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:55 AM

Happy Anniversary!! and isn't that a lucky puppy to get so many walks.  I am also trying to use up stash.  I bought a lovely tower of fat quarters in Washington that I havent used yet.  Thanks to Deb for the pattern.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,683
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 10:32 AM

Happy anniversary Judy and George!  Which one?

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use