Label, washing instructions

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 68
Points 3,105
kmrchr Posted: Tue, Apr 16 2013 6:05 AM

I recently made a baby quilt for a coworker to give to her niece as a baby shower gift. Should I label it?? If so what do I put on the label, normally I would say who it was made for but in this case I don't know. Also should I include washing instructions or Shout Out sheets? 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 7:18 AM

On my label I usually put who it's for, who made it the date, the occasion, pattern if you want to.  If you want to send washing instructions, you could put them on a separate sheet.  Can we see your quilt?

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 940

Since this is not a gift you are giving but one you made for someone else to give as a gift, I would just sign and date it somewhere on the quilt -- perhaps in a corner.   An artist would sign his/her masterpiece.   By all means attach washing instructions.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 9:11 PM

I would make a label, but leave some blanks.  It could say something like "given by . . .  for baby . . .     Date of birth:           weight:          height:     And give them a permanent ink fabric pen with it to fill in the blanks.    I like the idea of giving them the washing instructions.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use