Page 1 of 6 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 79 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,599
Points 119,050
Judy Taylor-Bellingham Posted: Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:25 AM

I loose things. Often. I don't pay attention to what I'm doing, get distracted and I loose things. 

This morning I looked at my large waste basket that sits by my cutting table. Over the last year I've stuffed it with fabric shavings and teensy scraps. I stomp it down and make room for more. In Branson we all received these fabric bags to put our little scraps in for pet pillows or whatever. (sorry, can't remember who gave them to us).

So I figured to put it to good use. Corki dog needs a new pillow. I started stuffing it with scraps from the basket. Let me tell you, that basket was stuffed hard! Well, below is a photo of what I found in that basket!

In Leavenworth in 2010, I think it was MNNancy (correct me if I'm wrong), made these wonderful flower pin cushions. It became my favorite until it disappeared a couple months ago. I was sick about it, turned my sewing room upside down. But, now it's found along with a bunch of other goodies. I think I need help of some kind. :-)  Oh, by the way, the fabric pieces are really old and I remember taking them off my top shelf to donate to Goodwill.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:30 AM

OH Judy I swear ,you are not alone on this problem. I'm always loosing stuff.  but it does make me wonder  how much I've given away or thrown away cause I didn't check .I think I'll do that from now on..  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420
erindipity replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:31 AM

LOL..this is great!  Glad you found your lost items.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Oh, Judy-T, this is too funny. I just did the same thing. I have 3 tubs to go through. I do it weekly. It's probably about time I go through again. Too, too funny.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,599
Points 119,050

Barbara:
OH Judy I swear ,you are not alone on this problem. I'm always loosing stuff

Thanks, it's nice to have company. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,599
Points 119,050

Melissa Halpain:
I have 3 tubs to go through. I do it weekly

It's really amazing what I find when I clean up!  Company coming this afternoon and I thought it was time to do some in depth tidying and fill the pet pillow at the same time. Should really do it more often. Actually, maybe I just need to invite people over more often. George says that's the only time I really clean. (He ran for cover as soon as he said that).

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Barbara, it seems we quilters are a quirky bunch. LOL

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:55 AM

Melissa ,so true .. I find myself doing the strangest things to keep my stuff where I can find it.  and then I forget where I put it .. AHH maybe it's a senior moment ..that's my story  and I'm sticking to it. ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:56 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
In Branson we all received these fabric bags to put our little scraps in for pet pillows or whatever. (sorry, can't remember who gave them to us).

okay, we save scraps and cuttings for use in pet pillows, is that correct? 

I need to start saving mne, then for my two furbabies. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,662
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:31 PM

Judy,

I'm glad you found your things. I lose stuff in the house quite often. What has bummed me out the most, lately, is that I can't find my Baby Jane top. I have three rows to add but have no clue where it may be. 

I've also misplaced Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I'm willing to bet they're together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,662
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:36 PM

Debbie:
okay, we save scraps and cuttings for use in pet pillows, is that correct? 

I need to start saving mne, then for my two furbabies. 

That's what I was doing Debbie. However, I kept my latest pillow for myself.

I have scraps to make more...someday.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,599
Points 119,050

Kris:
What has bummed me out the most, lately, is that I can't find my Baby Jane top. I have three rows to add but have no clue where it may be. 

That's a major loss. Perhaps it's folded up inside some fabric that's you've stuck away. Hope you find it. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:01 PM

I can't find my scissors when I have just used them...and that fabric I bought with a certain project in mind, forget it, start something different and sooner or later it will show up, LOL.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:46 PM

So, Judy and Barbara, does this mean you two are "loose" women.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:46 PM

I've been doing the same things.  I know it's here somewhere...lol     I'm the one with the pet pillows to fill up with the scraps.  I actually bought more pillow ticking the other day because I was all out and need to make more pillows to fill.  I had cut those 1 inch pieces for MQ 8 and then couldn't find them.  They were in a baggy so they hadn't gotten thrown out.  They had fallen down behind my cutting table and I dropped something else and moved the table...there they were..hehehe 

Diana in East Tn.  

Page 1 of 6 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use