Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie Posted: Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:31 AM

I have bought the HS/QST ruler and find my old Fiskar rotary cutter doesnt fit in the slots very well so looking to buy me a new one.  Is there one you all like better?  or do I need several different ones? 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:39 AM

Debbie ,I have two that I love ,First is my Gingher , which is very expensive ,but you can get them on Ebay for pretty cheap which is where I bought mine.  They are a fabulous cutters ,second in my F&P  cutter,I love this one because it has two setting on it ,one for cutting thinner fabric  and one for cutting many layers of fabric. It has a auto blade cover so you never have to worry about the blade sticking out to cut your fingers. I got this one at Hancocks on sale . and I would have no objections to paying the full price for this one .  good luck in your search. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 900
johanne replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:40 AM

Hi Debbie;  I use the OLFA rotary cutters, but I am not sure they will fit in the slots you are dealing with. I can cut up to 10 layers of fabric with the 45cm, if that is helpful info.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 12:29 PM

Barbara:
First is my Gingher , which is very expensive ,but you can get them on Ebay for pretty cheap which is where I bought mine

got a bid in on one for $15.95.  saw them on JCP for $65.  thanks for the info.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 1:08 PM

Debbie ,that 's not to bad ,I hope you get it ,There use to be a lady on there that bought them alland she wiated till very last seconds to put in her bod ,but there use to be several on e=bay,good luck I hope you get it .Barbara  ps let me know LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 367
Points 7,255
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:08 AM

I use the OLFA deluxe rotary cutter in 60mm...it has the handle you squeeze to expose the blade or you can lock it open. I have been looking at others...I am curious about the True Cut Comfort Cutter and its whole system, I'm just not sure how good it would work with the handle shaped at an angle, doesn't seem like you could get enough pressure when needed...has anyone hear tried one yet? I am not familiar with the ruler you are talking about Debbie, where can I see it?

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:20 AM

tnmtgrl:
I am not familiar with the ruler you are talking about Debbie, where can I see it?

Jen - Barbara told me about it and I found it on eBay.  great price, too.  JCP ad popped up and they were $65.

"First is my Gingher , which is very expensive ,but you can get them on Ebay for pretty cheap which is where I bought mine"

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use