Newbie stationed in Colorado :)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70
Gizzywizzy Posted: Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:29 AM

Hi I'm very new in quilting and I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Just learned how to use a domestic sewing machine last November 2012 to make hats for Christmas presents and it all started from there. From my baby dresses and now venturing to quilting. I must say learning the basics in fabric cutting and piecing has been very enjoyable especially the quilting part; although with hubby leaving this Friday I might not be able to have all the free time I use to have, hopefully my little baby girl will nap more often during the day but I highly doubt it...lol. I'm also saving up for a long arm machine most likely one of those trade ins, so if anyone has some great advice on which brands are awesome I'd really appreciate that. Have a wonderful quilting day everyone!

Gizzywizzy

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:36 AM

Hi Gizzywizzy.  Welcome to the group.   When my husband is gone, I have more time to quilt as I am not taking care of him (nor the house for that matter.)  He works from home, but is out in the field during growing season.  We don't farm ourselves, but he does research. 

I have been making sunhats.  Trying to come up with my own patterns which is resulting in a lot of learning about what doesn't work.  My last one came out like an over sized mountie's hat.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,792
Points 420,639
gini replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 10:58 AM

hi gizzywizzy, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:24 PM

Hi GizzyWizzy, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,413
Points 19,295

Hi Gizzywizzy,

Welcome to the club. You will love it here. I'm sure you will get a lot of input with your sewing machine research. I will be in Colorado next week. My husband is from Ft. Collins, Colorado. So happy to hear that you are enjoy your quilting.You may be addicted to it now.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:05 AM

Welcome GizzyWizzy from the great state of Nevada.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:12 AM

GizzyWizzy,

what a fun name.  Welcome.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,332
Points 255,409
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:44 AM

Gizzywizzy welcome to the club ,and to the amazing world of quilting. I hope you will enjoy your time with us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.